Friday, June 29, 2012

I'm Grateful for my Leaders............




       This past week I was so grateful for the girls at camp! I am not that great of a camper. Well I do ok, just not that great of a sleeper even when I'm home. So I listened to the girls and their silliness. They talk about a lot of things they usually don't in front of their parents. We just sit in camp chairs and laugh. They were sharing shampoo, blankets and treats. I just loved how they took care of each other. I had a hard time in Young Women's when I was growing up. I never really felt like I fit in. I realized when I got home that my ward girls are healing my heart. I cried for a few days with grateful tears. I am posting this picture of 2 of my leaders that I grew up with. I love them dearly and was able to tell them so. That meant all the world to me. To give my thanks to them!! I love you Linda and Arlene!!  <3


Dear Family,


HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRIS!!!!!! I love you kiddo!!!!!!!!
WOO! Ryan in Chile! That is so awesome!! I'm so excited for him. I need his address so i can send him a letter.
Sinaih is getting MARRIED! Party! So exciting.

It's so good to hear that great things are happening at home. Girls Camp sounds like it was a blast! The pictures are great. All the chalk ha ha that's a fun picture. The youth in this church are incredible. Ya know?


So i have a few great things to say about this past week. First. I love Batesville! It is awesome here. It's a small town with not even a Wal-Mart, and an hour away from basically anything, but i love it. I LOVE these people. I love how Heavenly Father imparts portions of his love to us for others. That Charity. The pure love of Christ. I am so grateful and blessed to be around so many amazing people. The Bishop especially. We are over at his house with his family every other day just about. He works harder to better other people than i have ever seen anyone else do. He helps us out so much and he is such a missionary. It just blows my mind. Again, this area is an answer to my prayers.

This week is the beginning of our 40 day fast! The stake president approved it and yesterday in Ward Council all the leadership signed up to fast. Then during church he sent it all around making announcements about it and such and got a lot of people to sign up. He's working on getting all the days full within the next few days, and we'll even be doubling up some days. This ward is amazing. We got a referral yesterday to teach an Amish person! She will be staying at a member's house Friday - Monday and the member will be calling us over to teach her. We. are. so. STOKED. There is actually a lot of Amish people converting with in the mission, but all taught by president as far as i know. So we called him to make sure it was ok and to see if he had any pointers. He said, " Just teach them the truth!" I can do that! Ha ha.

Well, this area rocks. Things are looking up. The ward is on fire! Interviews are tomorrow. Basically every day is full with appointments. It is just so great. I love seeing the fruits of our labor. I love being a missionary more than anything. I am so blessed. I love teaching the gospel to others. I love how the gospel changes lives, including mine! I love my Savior so much. I know he lives! I know that the Book of Mormon is true! Sorry for the short email but we're going to Cincinnati today! To either the Zoo or Aquarium. We haven't decided yet. Anyway, thank you so much for your love and support. It means so much to me. Missions are hard, but are so rewarding and enriching. I love you all! Have a great week! Share the gospel, you'll love it I promise!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment