Friday, June 22, 2012

Feeling a little tired.......but in a good way.......

     It has been a long week. I still have one more day of celebration to do too. I am very grateful for all the experiences that happened this week. But my brain is foggy and I must close my eyes. So here is the Elder to entertain you..........    :]


Dear Family,



Happy Birthday Nate and Papa Jay!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to Kaydee and Nick!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to Grandma and Grandpa!!!!!!!!! And Happy Father's Day yesterday Dad!!!!!!!! Whooee. I love you all!

Man there's a lot going on ever there! But i guess it is the summer. Where's the vacation?! That's right ma you are going to youth conference! That is awesome! Some of my favorite memories are from those. And yes Grandma and Grandpa did send me money! Thank you so much! They always send it at the perfect time too. Near the end of the month when every missionary is broke. I have to figure out a way to cash the check though ha ha I'm in the middle of nowhere! :)

This past week went by pretty fast. And slow. I learned not to cut my own hair ever again. Ha ha. That's all i have to say about that.

Yesterday was stake conference for the Cincinnati Stake, and on Saturday we were able to go to the adult session where Elder Lansing of the 70 was there! It was awesome! He was a pretty funny guy. He started out by telling his only "Cincinnati story". He flew in once on a layover and while waiting for the plane, Sister Lansing went to use the restroom. While waiting Elder Lansing decided to do the same thing and when he came out his wife wasn't out yet. Looking down a ways he saw a terminal that said Richmond, Virginia on it, which was his home town. He decided that he would go see if he knew any of the people that were headed that way. He walked down and looked around and didn't see anyone he knew so he walked back to wait for his wife. While waiting he saw a man walking toward him and he said it like this, "You know when you have those moments when you know someone is coming up to you to talk to you and you have no idea who it is? This was that moment. It was obvious he was coming to me and i was trying so hard to think of who he was! My mind was going through all the names and faces i it could think of but i could think of no one. So i decided to play it safe and hold out my hand and say,'Hello! It's good to see you again!' The man said, 'You don't know me. And i don't know you.' and so we stood there shaking hands for a second, then he said 'My wife told me to come tell you that your zipper is down.' And that's my Cincinnati story." Ha ha he was so funny. He was a great speaker too. We had a special meeting the next morning for missionaries and investigators and those who had recently Joined the church. It was a nice little meeting and he basically just went through all the main things that we believe in and why we do and gave his powerful testimony of the savior and His church. It was pretty amazing. The spirit was definitely felt!

The knife thing went pretty well. We had a FHE first which was way sweet! Then we had a lesson with Reese. He's a pretty cool kid. We taught pretty clearly and the spirit was there, especially when the members taught and testified. At the end he thanked us for the time we spent sharing with him and agreed to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. He's the kind of investigator that it is better for the members to work with, so we're going to leave it to them. We'll see out it goes!

This area is so different from my past areas. But is honestly an answer to my prayers. I have basically everything I've wanted in my past areas. The members are willing to work with us and the bishop is SO missionary minded! He is amazing. Tracting wasn't my favorite thing and we did it so much in my other areas and now there's so much member work to do there isn't a lot tracting we can do! And i have a small district to worry about with some amazing missionaries so I feel I can focus more on my own area. It's just full of tender mercies. I love it here. Oh and it's not flat here! Ha ha. There's actually hills! Some are pretty big too! But then again any kind of hill is big to me now...ha ha. Good ol flat Ohio did that to me.

It's time to go! But i love you all soo much. I love this Gospel so much and i love seeing how much it improves and changes lives. It is all true. Being a missionary is the Best!! I know my Savior lives and is completely involved in our lives and i know he loves us. I love the Book of Mormon! It is amazing! I feel so good each morning when i start the day off by reading and studying it. It truly does bring us closer to our Heavenly Father.

Have a wonderful week! Share the Gospel!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment