Friday, June 8, 2012

Remembering things I love............



     This week I have been scanning pictures for my Mom and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary coming up in a few weeks. I am remembering how much I love photo's of my family!! They have grown so much over the years. To see them when they were little and to see my Grandkids with the same faces makes me smile!! I still have a few boxes to go so I will be smiling for a little while on this one! I also told Chet I needed sidewalk chalk. I think we all do at some point in our lives. We had the 5 cute kids upstairs help us decorate the sidewalks with color! Sometimes you just need to stop and add the color! So this week I hope you find things that you love and remember them. It's always a great thing!!


Dear Family,


Way to finish the Book of Mormon family! That rocks! And now on to D&C! I just love the scriptures. They bring so much into life. Did you say...Trevor is graduated?! When did that happen?? Wow the time flies by so fast. That's awesome though. Zion's camp. Oh Zion's camp. I have some great experiences from that place. I'm glad James had a great time! I also love the "when the spirit speaks, the debate it over." Oh man. So true. That is a short and powerful statement. Thank you for that!

Alright, so to start off..yes i did eat monkey meat. It was actually pretty good. We did some service after a district meeting for a lady named Sister Couch, and afterwards she fed us lunch. She brought out this big plate full of meat and monkey meat was in the mix. It was a very bright red color and tasted fairly sweet. I could have done with out the monkey HAIR on it though...

And the giant basket was just in some one's front yard in Xenia. It was so random ha ha. We stopped to look at the GPS and i turned my head and was like, "B-BASKET!" You never know what you'll find in Xenia.



So the update on last week is this: Elder Lamm got food poisoning and lost 11 lbs in 24 hours. And that's pretty much it. Ha ha. It was a rather exciting time. He got it while on exchanges. We think he got it from a Chinese buffet he ate at. On Friday night he looked dead. Poor guy.. 

Ok ok there's more. About a week ago we had a great lesson with Ethan and crissy, i'm not sure if i told you all about it. But he read from 1 Nephi to Mosiah in a week and a half. He knows the Book of Mormon is true. Said he knows he will get baptized into this church. But instead he joined the catholic church. Ha ha. It was a pretty different lesson. This last week he was charged and sentenced to 30 days house arrest and a year of probation. So we're not sure what to do at this point. We're hoping to visit him this week and get a lesson in. He needs it now more than ever.

We had a great meeting with out new ward mission leader brother Casbeer (pronounced Case-beer. Awesome right?) this past week and he is super excited to get the work moving again. It's been bumpy here lately. But things are definitely looking up. We're focusing right now on finding through the members, and we've got a lot of things to implement into the work right now that i am super excited for! The members here are so great. It's crazy how much this place feels like home now. These people are my family! It'll be weird to leave Xenia. 8 months in one area! Sheesh!

No district meetings this week! Or last week! That's a load off of me! Ha ha. President feels like we have too many meetings, which i agree with, so instead he's giving us some awesome studies. I love it!

2 weeks ago we had the seminary sunday for all the seminary graduates, it was so great. They had all of the seminare grads go up to the stand and sing a bunch of songs and such and they gave great talks and the spirit was just so strong. It made me realize just how blessed i am to have such great parents who allowed me to grow up in the gospel, and encouraged me to take seminary. It kept me in line! Even though at the time i didn't want to be. The gospel is so amazing and seminary set such a good foundation for my testimony in some of the most crucial years! Thank you mom and dad!

Well, sorry it was such a short and kind of scattered email. But i gotta go now. I love you all though! Ohio is amazing! I wouldn't rather be anywhere else!! The gospel is true! I know that our Heavenly Father is in this work and that he loves every single one of us. For true!

Have a great week!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment