Thursday, June 14, 2012

I must become more computer smart........

     So this week besides finishing up my Mom's pictures, I have been getting help putting music in our system. However you want to call it, I don't know what I'm doing. I think it's kind of funny they call it rip and burn though. Sounds painful haha!! If I didn't have my tech support of James and Chet I don't know where I would be. Just over the last year I learned how to copy-paste. Now I'm learning how to rip and burn (kind of). I find it kind of funny that I was called to be the secretary of Young Women's. I haven't changed the layout of my blog since I got it because I don't even know how to do that. Yes, I think I need to become more computer smart.......sigh........    :]


Dear Family,


Holy cow so much happening at home! I don't even know what to respond
back to! Ha ha. That's all so great. Way to go Sinaih!!! I'm so
excited for her. Gosh i love that family. When is girls camp? It was
last week for this ward. It was pretty cool seeing all the YW get up
and bare some great testimonies and experiences.

Yep. That's right. I'm in Batesville Indiana! Man. It is awesome here.
But it is almost opposite of my other areas ha ha. The ward members
here LOVE to do missionary work. They invite everyone to something
church related. It is so cool. I challenged a family yesterday to give
away some Books of Mormon and they cleared us out of the ones we had
and are giving them away this week. It's funny because i gave them 2
weeks to do it but they said they could give them away this week. I
love it! It works out though because we can't really tract here. See
how it's opposite now? Hah. 2-3 years ago all the churches in the area
got together and bashed on our church and now like everyone hates us.
And we lost quite a bit of members. It's insane. The Library people
are nice though. The ward is pretty small, there's about 100-115
people that make it out to church. Much smaller than both my last
wards. And the area is huge. We cover 3 counties! We covered just 1 in
Xenia. My companion is elder Laird. He's a great missionary! He's been
out 3 months and acts like he's been out 6. I'm stoked to be here with
him! This is 1 of the 2 areas in the mission that is in Indiana. Oh
and when I go on exchanges I'll be going into parts of Kentucky!

Tonight we have a lesson with a new investigator at a member's house.
The story was pretty funny I thought. Sister Ally has a friend that
kept trying to sell her knives and such that she doesn't want to buy,
so to give him a chance she told him, "Look. I'll let you give me your
knife presentation if you listen to the missionaries of my church. 1
hour for knives, and 1 hour for the missionaries." He said "Deal!" Ha
ha how awesome is that? That's just one of the many ways that members
are helping us out. All of these people are amazing and love the
missionaries and love to help us out.

Oh and the bishop has a drum set! A REALLY nice drum set. Ha ha. You
better believe I played it when we went over for dinner.

Well, that's about it for this week. It was SO hard leaving Xenia.
That place was home for me. I love those people. But i am so happy to
be here in Indiana! Isn't it like Jon McLaughlin's home state or
somethin? ;) I look forward to the great work to be done here! I love
being a missionary and sharing the restored gospel and my testimony
with so many people. I love Jesus Christ. The priesthood is real. This
week is going to be awesome! Things are looking up!

I love you all! The love and support you give me means so much to me.
Thank you all so much. Have a fantastic week! Share the gospel!

-Elder Robinson

2 comments:

  1. We miss you in Xenia! Thank you for all your efforts here and your fine example to the YM!
    Sister Wilkinson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pass this along to him!! Thank you so much for taking care of him while he was there!! Wendy

    ReplyDelete