Friday, June 1, 2012

Being Around Great People Makes Me Happy.......

     So yesterday I had the great fun of going to lunch with a few friends from my school days. I love how they make me laugh and smile! We can say anything to each other and it doesn't shock us we just laugh! I want to do this more often!! I want to see more of my friends!! Then we went to a reception and it was so good to see our ward family there! More people that make me laugh and smile!! The Bride and Groom were so loved. The feeling was so sweet in that room you didn't want to leave. We were there for over an hour without realizing it. What a great day to be around GREAT PEOPLE!! I am so grateful for all the family and friends in my life who put up with me! Thanks for making me laugh and smile!! But most of all thanks for making me feel loved!!


Dear Family,



I don't have too much time today, so i guess i'll get to what happened last week.

Tuesday Elder Lamm and i cleaned our car. We had a member offer to pay to have our car all cleaned and vacuumed out but we didn't want to make her pay so we were going to clean it ourselves. We went to the Arneson's. I'm pretty sure i've told you about them. The older couple that served a mission in Norway together? Anyway, I turned on their hose in the front of their house and when i stood up....i hit my head on part of the roof that was hanging down and gave myself a good cut on my forehead. Oh man did it bleed. I also don't remember much from the next 15 seconds. Ha ha. I've got pictures :) This didn't bother me too much just because i do this stuff all the time, but this time i was going to meet a member of the 70 the next day! Ha ha. So yes, i met Elder and Sister Zwick with a big ugly cut on my forehead. But i made sure to wear a very nice tie so they would be distracted. I know they saw it, but they only complimented me on the tie. Heh!

Sister Zwick told a story that really touched my heart. So she and Elder Zwick served a mission in Brazil a number of years ago and she started out like this. "the first day in the mission i received a phone call from a missionary in a phone booth, He said, Sister Zwick, I'm standing in a phone booth with nothing on but an over-coat. We were teaching a lesson at the church when 7 terrorist came in and held us at machine-gun point and forced me to take off all my clothes in front of the seminary students and pored floor wax on my clothes then lit them on fire and now the church building is burning to the ground. What would you like me to do?" She said how at that moment the only thing she wanted to do was take the next plane home. She was pacing through the kitchen saying"I can't do this. I can't do this. I want to go home." when her little 9 yr old son came in and said, "Don't worry mom. Heavenly Father will help you do it." After that it all changed for her. When she told this story I'm pretty sure everyone in the room was crying. There was a lot of sniffling going on. The point she came to was so incredibly true. Heavenly Father love us. We are his children. And he will help us. I know that is true. We just lose sight of that sometimes. We have an all powerful, all knowing and loving God that watches over us every day. There are so many evidences of that fact. Just look around!

JOHN GOT THE PRIESTHOOD SUNDAY!! What an awesome day!!! Woo! I was giddy the whole day!

I forgot to tell you! I went on exchanges 2 weeks ago and when we were exchanging back we went and picked up some other elders from an investigators house and i just happened to bring my Ukulele and they all made me sing songs for them. I made sure to play songs that everyone knew though so i wasn't the only one singin. It was so fun. I love that thing.

I don't know how to spell this. And neither does Elder Birch. But i had es-car-go yesterday. Don't make fun of me for my spelling. Ha ha. But yes, i ate snails yesterday. Yum! It goes well with the monkey meat i had a few months back :)


Alright well I'm out of time! I love you all! Thank you for everything you do for me!Have a great week! The gospel is TRUE!

-Elder Chrys Robinson



No comments:

Post a Comment