Saturday, July 7, 2012

Wishing I was somewhere else............



     So our plans didn't work out like we wanted them to. We had plans to be in New Mexico with our Kids and Grandkids. As you can tell we are still in Utah sadly. There were a lot of things that made us came to the conclusion that our trip wasn't going to happen. So Chet and I had our times of sadness alone and together. It's hard when your heart wants to be with someone and you can't get there. We so wanted to be silly with these 5 little loves!! They have been having so much fun together and that makes us happy!! But my heart still wants to be with them.............I LOVE MY GRANDKIDS!!!!!!  <3<3<3<3<3


Dear Family,


I am so happy for Sinaih!! The pictures are awesome. What a great family! Congratulations! And way to be Brother Coulter! That is so awesome! Pickerington is a great area and he will love being the Mission Leader there.


Well, not too much happened this past week. The weather has been bi-polar. Friday especially! It was 99 degrees with a 116 degree heat index. Lets just say I died a little inside. But anyway, we were in a town called Greensburg and a storm hit sending dust, garbage, trees, signs, and even a farmer's market that was going on downtown, flying everywhere. It was insane! But so fun. Ha ha. It dropped to 70 degrees literally within an hour. Then after that it was way nice and sunny. It didn't even rain through all this. In Ohio there were funnel clouds forming though. So yeah it was a pretty weird day. And it's basically been like that since then. I want to see a tornado! .....from a distance. Ha.

Our 40 day fast has started and so far it has been so great! The members here and incredible and the bishop is really making this happen! It been so cool to see the ward build up since i got here 3 weeks ago. All the people we've found these past few weeks have been through the members. Woo! Things are moving along! It's almost like some of the members were just dying to give us people to teach. One family especially. It rocks. We taught Jessica and Amberly this week. It went very well, except Jessica was there only til Friday and then had to go back to Michigan for a while. This week we're working on Bishop's niece, Lana, and her boyfriend Mitchel. Also a boyfriend of a member in the ward. We'll be going by there on Saturday. Yeah, i love this area. It is just so awesome.

We haven't been able to teach the Amish lady yet. We had dinner with the family to figure things out and there's a lot of things we have to be careful about. Mostly the husband and his involvement with the Amish community. But we should be teaching her in a few weeks hopefully. Still stoked!

I called Elder Lamm last week and apparently one of the Deer Creek apartments burned down. Yikes!

Well I've got to get going now. These past few weeks have changed my life. I have learned more here than I ever have my whole mission. I love this gospel so much. I am SO grateful I have it a part of mine and my family's life. I just wish the world could have more of it. I love Indiana. I love being a missionary. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. Without a doubt it is. And I love the power of prayer, and seeing my prayers and the prayers of others answered again and again. And that because we are children of a loving Heavenly Father.

I love you all so much! Thank you for your love and support! Have a great week! Share the Gospel!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment