Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm late again...........

Well I am late posting this so I will let the Elder talk and in a few days I will post again. Yes I have his next letter, but I will wait and let you have this one sink in for a few days........Enjoy!!


Dear Family,



OH my GOODNESS Carolyn Landon served here?? That is so cool! And yes i know both the Rockwoods and the Longs! Well i should say i know President and Sister Rockwood. He's the stake president. The Longs are so awesome! We should be having dinner with them soon. Brother Long has cancer and he's been struggling for a long time but he still keeps a smile on his face. Ask her about everyone she remembers for me!! Man that is cool.

Ha ha you know, I may be just fine with moving with you guys to live next to Chet and Jaime! That would be so fun. Yeah i can totally see how bored my parents are when all the kids aren't around. How funny.



Indiana is so HOT. I thought Utah was hot. Well Utah is hot but this last week was killer. There wasn't a day that it wasn't in the 100's and super humid! Yesterday was the first day in a moth that is rained, which is weird for out here. Record breaking actually. Honestly it's weird for me! I'm used to the rain now! So i was kind of going crazy. All the grass and plants are dead and dried up. Something i haven't seen out here before. All the fireworks were banned this year. So the fireworks we still got to see while sitting out on our roof were illegal. Still cool though! Ha ha. A lot of the crops are not doing well, especially the corn. I think a part of me melted away last week. Luckily it's cooled down a bit and it should be in the 80's all week

The 40 day fast is moving along so well! The members here are really feeling the missionary spirit. And so are we! We're fasting about twice a week right now. We didn't find any new investigators last week but we did do a lot of member work and we have a lot of referrals that the members are working on. Yesterday was missionary Sunday! Brother Washburn asked me to speak a couple weeks ago and so I had that opportunity yesterday. It was so fun. I kind of like speaking now! After I spoke on missionary work, James Call, who is now Elder Call (it was his farewell) spoke on missionary work and how we should go to the Lord for strength to open our mouths. It was pretty awesome. Then after that for the 3rd hour, all classes had lessons on missionary work and they actually covered all that my talk was on ha ha. After that was a linger-longer and that was pretty fun. Everybody I think is pretty pumped up! I really love seeing all these people enjoying sharing the gospel. This week is going to be just so awesome. Elder Laird and I are rockin it! (mostly elder Laird though)

We've got a lot going on right now in this area. I love these people, they are all so amazing. They just get it done! I love how missionary work is full of love. It doesn't judge and it invites ALL to come unto Christ. No matter who you are. Christ loves all and we should too. I love being out here serving, it really is so incredible. I can say all the cliche things that people say about a mission being "the best 2 years" but truly it is just that and more. There's no better way to describe it! Being called to serve others and to be an instrument in God's hands is the best calling. It's too bad it's only 2 years! But I love the foundation it sets for a lifetime of sharing the gospel. Once a missionary always a missionary! (Elder Bednar, Becoming a Missionary Oct 2005)

Well I love you my family and friends! Thank you so much for the love and support you give to me! It means so much. The gospel is true! Christ lives and loves us! Have a great week! Share the gospel!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment