Saturday, July 28, 2012

How I love my Chet..........



     I think sometimes when you hear the Young Women talk of dating how grateful I am to be married. It hasn't always been easy, but that's how you grow. I look at this picture and I just love this Man!! He is my world!! He is my eternity!! He has given me so many things that money can't buy. They are in my heart. I am so grateful he asked me to dance all those years ago. Let's keep dancing Chet!!  <3


Dear family,


James gave a talk!!! That's great! I'm sure he did so good. Oh and i am so glad to hear Alex got a facebook finally! You'll have to tell her i love her for me. I was just thinking about her just the other day. And Sally! I'm writing her soon. I'm glad you all are staying in touch. I do have some great friends huh? :)

First, President and Sister Nilsen are coming this week!! We are stoked! I'm not sure what day they will be coming but I'm sure they'll be doing something with us one of the days they are here. They will be either speaking in sacrament or taking over the priesthood and relief society lessons for 5th Sunday. A lot of the members are talking about it too! Apparently one of their sisters lived here a long while back and so they know a lot of the members and they knew bishop back when he first joined the church. It's going to be such an awesome weekend!

Second, we are taking over Lawrenceburg! Or i guess you could really say we are talking over all of Indiana for the mission! Ha ha. At this last transfers there were 17 missionaries that went home and i think 10 that came out, so they are doubling up on a lot of areas. Elder Borgia in Lawrenceburg is going home mid-transfer though, so in 3 weeks we will be receiving his companion Elder Culler and working both areas. Whooe! 5 counties! Ha ha it's going to be a blast! 

Elder Long is a Zone Leader now! Totally called it!

About 2 weeks ago while we were in Greensburg setting up an appointment with a member, a person came up and asked if we were the elders and if there was a church nearby, and it turns out that she was a member that no one even knew about and had just moved there a few weeks before. We set up a time for last thursday to go back and visit with her and she totally wants to come back to church and would like to start meeting weekly. Her husband is also a non-member so that gives a good opportunity to teach him too! So that was pretty exciting! I love being in the right places at the right time. The lord really does guide his missionaries to where we need to be to find those that need him. It's just too cool.

These next few weeks are going to be pretty crazy here. The ward had taken some hard hits and between this and that it is just going to be crazy. It's been a great experience to be here as the Lord's representative in carrying out his work. Things are really looking up here, and i am just so grateful to be a part of it. We have so many less-active and part-member families we are going to be working closely with the ward that it just makes me happy and excited to think about all the people i can share my testimony with! I know that missionary work in not just tracting, (and boy am i grateful that it isn't) and that the work of the Lord moves so much faster when it is through the members of the church. There are so many people in need! And in our mission we have 30,000 members we can work through! I love doing member work. It's just great.

Well I know that the gospel is true, and I am so grateful for my knowledge that families are forever. I am so grateful for the Plan of Happiness. I am so grateful to have a living prophet to guide me and my family! I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. Being a missionary and doing missionary work is the greatest. I realize more and more how short the time is that I have to be a missionary and it just makes me want to work harder and harder! 2 years is not long! Sorry for the short email today but know that I love you all! Thank you so much for the love and support you give me. It means so much to me.

Have a great week! Share the gospel!

-Elder Robinson


No comments:

Post a Comment