Friday, August 3, 2012

Still here 27 years later............



      When I look at this picture I think, man we were such babies!! Just 19 and 24!! That seems like a whole lifetime ago, but at the same time, just yesterday. We took of running and some days I feel like it's a slow stroll haha! So many things have happened since this day, good and bad. But that's what it's all about. I would do it all again! I can't wait to spend my forever with this Man!!! I love you to eternity and beyond Chet!!!!  <3 p="p">

Dear family,


I did not know the Olympics were started until 2 days after it did. Ha ha. I must be like weird or something. Wow 27 years! Sheesh that's awesome!! You two are the coolest. :D I am so happy for Tanner!! Washington sounds awesome! I'll bet Mama Marsh is just doing flips. In other words excited. ha ha. AND........HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This past week rocked. And i first have to tell you about yesterday! President and Sister Nilsen came to the Batesville ward for the 3rd hour 5th Sunday lesson and totally rocked the house! Holy cow it was awesome. Sister Nilsen got up first and spoke for about 10-15 minutes on Preach My Gospel and some miracles and things that are happening in the mission right now and bore a great testimony. She is so sweet. I think she would get along so well with mom ha ha. Then after that President got up and introduced himself and gave some background. A bishop of the Batesville Ward from a long while ago married his sister so he knows quite a bit of people from the ward already and knows the stake president and bishop here really well. After that he began talking about how incredible this church and gospel really is, and how it is a fact the God The Eternal Father and Jesus Christ really did appear to Joseph Smith. He did go in a lot of detail of that but i don't have time or the finger strength to type it all in, ha ha. Then he had us all list out the things we have received from that vision and expounded on each one,  then asked each person to think back to someone they know that they feel has been prepared to hear the gospel. And sure enough, almost everyone in there had 1 or more names. It was amazing! So basically this week is going to be full of collecting those names from them. After that we were invited to have lunch at the Stake President's house with President and Sister Nilsen and Bishop Watkins and his wife. That's a lot of keys in one house! It was amazing too! President basically forced us into eating a bunch of ice cream before we left. ha ha. He's such a cool guy.

The rest of the week was a pretty busy one too, we had a couple days open in the 40 day fast so we fasted a few. Oh man i haven't fasted this much ever! But we have definitely seen so much more power in our teaching and finding. It's been great. I felt the spirit more in this past week than i have my whole life! Thursday was our busiest day, we had 6 lessons! Which if you didn't know, 3 or 4 is a pretty solid day. We were running around everywhere! And this week we already have more appointments set up than we can handle! Ha ha the members are really starting to step up. This is what we have been fasting praying and working for. It's so great to finally see it all pay off.

AND it is finally raining here! Ha ha. Things are starting to green up which is good. Is was more dead over here than Utah!


Well there isn't too much more to talk about, and it's time to go anyway. I really love being a missionary. I never knew I could feel so much love in my heart for other people. I never knew I could love the scriptures and the gospel so much. I never knew I could feel so much gratitude and love for my family and friends. I never knew I could be a part of miracles. I never knew how much the Savior loved me, and all this I know now because I came to serve. I am so grateful to be a missionary. I just want to serve. I want to find and bring people to Christ. I love it! Oh man i love it. If there is anyone who has the opportunity to serve, don't pass it up! I mean it! It's the greatest 2 years ever. You will not regret it. I know Jesus Christ lives and loves each one of us. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Joseph Smith was truly called of God! I am so grateful for the spirit in speaking all of this to me and my Heavenly Father in allowing me to teach his children.

I love you all!! Have a great week! Share the gospel with someone!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment