Saturday, August 25, 2012

Here we go again.........

     I realized today that I hadn't blogged. I know you all have been waiting for it. Well maybe all 20 of you who read this. But I thought the last blog was so exciting that I would just let that one roll over to this one. My week was such a normal week that I couldn't think of anything to say. I am really tired of getting up early for school and it's only the first week. James is keeping up on his homework and that's good. Here's to keeping up on sleep and homework!! Now let's see if the dishes and laundry will get done one day a week by the good fairies I keep hoping will visit my house!!

Dear Family,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHET MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a fun and busy week in Utah! I'm happy to hear that everyone is doing well! I love that story of the Book of Mormon and how it changed his outlook on it. That is so true. I love that book! And James is dancing with girls at stake dances! Whahh that's crazy! 


This week has been amazing! I love it here. These areas are great. It's pretty crazy having two areas, but i love it! It keeps us mighty busy!! We did have a miracle on Thursday! Our dinner appointment fell through and we found ourselves asking what should we do now? Then the name of a less active we've been trying to get in to came in our minds and we decided to go and if he wasn't there then we would go have dinner. We went there and we got in! Actually he couldn't lock the door when we were outside. The lock wouldn't lock until after we got inside! Pretty cool ya!? Woo! But anyway we had a powerful lesson! We bore testimony and the spirit was there to bless and help him! He opened up and he came to church yesterday and loved it! He also met with the bishop yesterday too! He said all the talks and everything were directed to him and it was so awesome. He is doing great! And before that we dropped by a lees active who wasn't home but we did teach her grand-daughter! The spirit was definitely there! It was awesome. We're going back tonight!

Indiana is so different. Lately I've noticed that I draw off of the spirit of others. Well on their attitudes and things like that. Like when I came here (Indiana) i was told tracting was a bad idea and we shouldn't do it. But of course, not every part of your day is full and works out just the way you planned it so sometimes you find that all your plans fall through. Then what? Sit around? NO. We got a referral the other day that we went to contact who wasn't home so as we were about to leave i felt and heard a big, "Do not leave until you have knocked these neighbor's doors Elder." It was hard to just do it because these other elders are so new and have been here for their whole missions and have been told the very thing i was when i came here. So i started my way anyway. It actually turned out great! Every single person was nice and we got a few potentials out of it. And now come to think of it, looking back I can't remember a door I've knocked here where there was a bad experience. So what the heck! Ha ha. I just love the spirit and how it does lead us and guide us. We just have to have faith and act! I love being a missionary. I have felt the Lord's influence so much in me. I love the promptings of the spirit, they are so sacred. We should each hold them to be sacred and do what the Lord wants us to do as revealed through the Holy Ghost. Not always is it what you want to do or hear, but whatever it is, it will always be for the benefit of His children whether it be for us or someone else!

I love being here. I love this gospel! I love the message of the temple. Hopefully i can get there in the next week or so! It's been about a year! These two Elders I serve with are awesome. They have helped me a ton. The people of Indiana are so amazing and loving! Believe it or not, Indiana is a great place to serve! The best place to serve! ;) This Gospel is so true. The Savior does live and he does love each of us. The atonement is real. The priesthood is real. The Book of Mormon is true!

I love you family! Thank you for everything you do!! Have a great week!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment