Saturday, August 11, 2012

A full mind makes for a boring blog.........

     Well I guess my mind was so full of ideas I couldn't decide what to write. So I guess I will let the Elder entertain you for this week. I will gather my thoughts and work on a better entry for next week. Hey, at least I'm blogging......a miracle in itself!!  



Dear Family,


The chicken story reminds me of mine and Elder Riggs' milk story. That's so funny though. It was so bad that you had to get rid of the freezer ha ha! Ours wasn't that bad luckily. But it was a few months expired. :D


This past week was AMAZING! Things are moving along so quickly here. The members are so supportive! It doesn't feel like our companionship is carrying the load, it feels like we've got another 100 missionaries serving with us! I haven't seen anything like this before. I wish it could be like this everywhere! Saturday we had a great day. We did a ton of service with Bishop Watkins and did some great things. To finish up the night we had dinner with him and his wife and we shared a video from the D&C Resource DVD's called "The Gospel shall roll forth" and the spirit was pretty strong. Bishop afterwards had the idea to show that in Sacrament meeting so we ran over to the church and set up the projector for up in front of the chapel. That sacrement meeting was the best and most spiritual i have ever been to! Bishop got up and talked about the 40 day fast and how wonderful it has been for him to be a part of it then turned the time to us and the video. The spirit was so strong I think more than half the members were in tears! I know I was! Then bishop got up again and bore a powerful testimony of this work and turned the time to the members who took up the whole time sharing missionary experiences and testimonies. It was incredible! For the final song we sang The Spirit of God and by that time and during the prayer there were lots of sniffles going around. I haven't felt the spirit so strong I don't think ever! Then after that we did a preach my gospel training for elders quorum which went so good. After it all the members were so pumped and excited. It was such a great experience!

On Friday we found Chauncelette! Crazy name huh! She is awesome! She has been going to a church since she was 12 taking her brothers and sisters with her. Her parents are pretty against church which is sad so they don't go with. But she is so solid! We invited her to church and she will be there this Sunday with her siblings! She rocks. Then Yesterday we had dinner with the bishop again and he had some friends from work that he invited over who are so prepared! CV and Emily are their names. They have both been in prison and have really experienced the lowest of the lows and are really willing to change that! They just got married and have a baby on the way. Emily pretty much already believes all of what we believe!! I left a Book of Mormon on the table as we ate to see if they would pick it up and Emily picked it up and read parts of it and put it in her purse. Ha ha! We taught with the family all around with their help and the spirit was definitely there. Especially as Elder Laird recited the first vision. It was awesome. We have an appointment set up for Sunday but bishop wants to do a chapel tour before then. So we'll see what happens! What a way to finish off the 40 day fast!! Woo!

This week will be the week we take over Lawrenceburg! So we'll be getting Elder Culler! He is awesome! It's funny though because my district was just us and them. Now it'll be us 3. So the whole district will be in one companionship with me as the district leader. District meetings are going to be so goofy ha ha! Oh and we'll be getting a new car! Yay!

Well it's time I best be going. I wish I had more time because so much more happened! But that's ok. I love this Gospel so much. I love having the knowledge that families are forever, and knowing that mine is! I love my Savior. I have been so blessed to meet so many wonderful people that have blessed my life. My companions, investigators, members, random people on doorsteps and at the side of streets, all have been a blessing to me. I hope I have been one to them too. I love them all. Being a missionary is so challenging, fun, exciting and joyful. I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything. I love missionary work!

I love you family! Thank you all for your love and support. It means so much to me! Have a great week!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment