Saturday, August 18, 2012

Along came a Spider.............



      Our little neighbor Seth came knocking on our door. "We found a tarantula!! Do you want to come see it?" I told him we would get our shoes on and come upstairs to see it. So up we go. Chet had gone the other way to take the trash out and I was looking around when I spotted it. I almost said some really choice words!!! I started calling Chet to hurry because I was alone with this hairy creature. He looked around then goes "Holy Moly!!!!" The neighbors open their door and didn't realize it had crawled up to the side of it. They start freaking and close the door really fast. They run to the bedroom window for safety and to watch Awesome Chet capture the hairy creature.

     Chet was not so calm when doing this. He was saying at this point "I can't do this!! Now what?!" Then he kind of screamed/laughed when he slid the lid on to keep it in. He said it moved so fast it freaked him out. The kids were in the window screaming/laughing. Well I think Mayra was crying a little. But when the spider seems as big as you are I would cry too!

      So then after we were all safe Chet started chasing a praying mantis around the porch and I screamed and ran. Yup........we all just laughed!! What a night and James is so getting extra points for the 9th grade bug project!!! I can't wait till that is done!! I hate collecting bugs!! I grateful that Chet will come running when I call him with a jar in hand!!!!!!


Dear family,



A girl checking James out? Hah! Oh my... is he old enough to notice those things now? Wowee! I love hearing about all the missionary mom stuff! Tina is awesome. And i loved the package! Thank you so much! Our window is all colored up! The picture is right above my desk and i already have worn the shirt! And thank Grandma and Grandpa for the money it really helps so much!! And the talks!! Oh man i flippin when i saw those!! thank you!!


So this week has been pretty awesome! First off, we have Elder Culler now! It's said like color. Like the color blue. He is awesome! He's been out for 9 months now and is solid. It's so fun being in a tri-companionship!! Especially if it is your whole district in one companionship ha ha. We are having a blast! And van is so sweet. It's pretty crazy trying to schedule days for both areas through out the week, but we're kind of getting the hang of it. The weirdest part of my week was going to church with out my companions by my side! They had to go to Lawrenceburg for church so I just stuck around with members during church. Oh man it was so weird. So lonely!

On Tuesday we found a new investigator! His name is Zach and he's the son of a less active. He's 14. He was at his grandma's house when we dropped by and we watched the Restoration DVD and invited him to church, which took a little persuasion. We agreed to lunch afterwards at the bishop's and with a quick drum lesson (he really wants to learn how to play) and then a gospel lesson. Get the work done any way you can right?! He ended up not being able to make it but he's a pretty sweet kid and we're trying again this week.

Ok so i said that the weirdest thing was being lonely at church, but no i have something weirder! On Saturday we did some service by helping a member move into some new apartments here in Batesville. We were planning it on taking somewhere around and hour to two hours but it ended up taking us about 5! So it started out fine, we loaded up trucks and a trailer in less than an hour and then got to the new apartments to start unloading. We made a one trip but on our second trip up the elevator stopped working. We ended up being stuck in there for an hour! And it wasn't just us. Six of us crammed into a little elevator full of rugs and boxes and all sorts. Two of the guys were ex cons and one was EXTREMELY claustrophobic. It got mighty crazy in there with them three ha ha. We heard many jail stories and many expletives that i haven't heard since I've been on my mission! It was pretty funny though. The interesting thing though is that i was completely calm. In fact all 3 of us missionaries were. It was strange to see this big roughed up guy covered in tattoos look like he was about to die just because of fear! I knew i wasn't going to die but it did make me think of the Plan of Salvation. I have no fear of the unknown. I know what is after this life! And i know that what i am doing is right. So why worry! It was a pretty fun experience. I thought about teaching them in there but there was no way ha ha it was too crazy. But eventually everyone calmed down..after the fire department got us out! Thank you Batesville Fire Department!

Well that's about it for this week. It was fairly eventful! I love the spirit. I've been focusing a lot on it lately. That and keeping the faith. My studies have been so awesome this week. I love studying the scriptures and being taught by the spirit. I also love having the spirit bring to my remembrance the things i need to say the second i need it! I love the Plan of Salvation and that families are forever. I LOVE the temple. I love love love it. I need to go. It's been almost a year since i've been :( but i'll be going soon! I love my Savior so much and i am so grateful for what he did for me and my family! The Gospel is true. This is the true and living church. Jesus lives!


I love you!


-Elder Chrys Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment