Saturday, July 21, 2012

I am once again grateful for my friends.......

     I was having a not so great night. You know, we've all had them. I decided to go to our Relief Society night and was greeted by many friends. They made me feel happy to have gone. Grateful to see each of their faces. Laugh with them. Eat with them. Share stories of our week with them. I needed their friendship and they were there. I am so grateful for my friends!!!    :]

Dear family,



26 years? man that's old. Ha ha. You know I love you two! That is awesome though congratulations!
James and his milk. What has that kid been up to lately and why hasn't he written his brother?? Goodness. I'm going to have to beat him up when i get home. Hah. I also sent Nate and Ashlee a letter and I hope to hear back from them. Just thought i'd put that out there. ;)


Transfers are this week. I'm not too worried because I've only been here for a transfer. It's crazy how fast it's gone by though!! It was definitely one of the faster transfers on the mission thus far. Elder Laird has been here for for 4 months so there is a chance he might go, but we will see. The average for one area though is about 9 months right now. Long time!

So this past week was pretty much just amazing. It had it's lowest low and i think it's highest high for me. The first of the week was pretty slow and boring, no one was answering their doors! And it had been a few weeks since we had found anyone new to teach, so our faith to find was pretty low. These past few weeks we've been meeting with the bishop almost daily to coordinate things better and find out what the best thing is to do here for the ward and on Thursday it was a big turning point. The whole week up to that point I was so frustrated because all I wanted to do was teach! I love teaching! But no one would let us in. So we went to the bishop's at the end of the night and he was feeling the same thing we were feeling and we kinda had a little pity party. Ha ha. But as we talked it over of what we could do he suggested that we should spend a little more time on our knees and right there we got down and prayed for inspiration. The spirit was so strong and we all felt so much better. After that bishop made a few calls and set up some appointments for us and then called President Nilsen for help (they knew each other very well before he was mission president) and he will be coming down at the end of the month to take over a Sunday for missionary work. How awesome!

On Friday night the bishop decided to fast on Saturday and we decided to fast with him for missionary work and to find people to teach. I don't know why, but fasting is so much harder than if you just forgot to eat. You almost starve! But anyway, that day President asked us all as a mission to exercise faith and to look through all our former investigators to find someone to bring to baptism. So all of Saturday was looking up these people. We did get a return appointment for one in Batesville but all others either didn't answer or weren't interested. After all the Batesville formers we had only 1 more to visit for the day in Greensburg. The last one we had that wasn't contacted already. We showed up and it turns out that it was at some apartments and we didn't have the apartment number so we decided to go knock them all to find her or someone else to teach! We were about done with all the doors when 3 people came out and asked if we had knocked on their door and then we talked briefly and asked if we could come in and share this message with them, and they said yes! Jesse, Jade and Tory. They are all 20 and are all awesome! We've had two lesson already and both the spirit was so strong. I have so much love for them. We are going back tomorrow and we will be teaching the Plan of Salvation, mostly for Jade. She is amazing. She has had such a hard life and I can just feel how much her Heavenly Father loves her. She expressed to us about how her father died, and how people tell her that after this life if you are bad you go straight to hell. He had a pretty rough life too and passed away due to drugs, so you can imagine her feelings. We are so excited to teach her about God's plan and eternal families! Woo! I love the gospel. Oh and afterwards we celebrated and broke our fast with McDonald's. Mmmmm. Such a good day.

Well my family, my faith has been renewed. Heavenly Father loves us all so much, and he really does answer prayers. I love being his servant and it is honestly all I want to be. I will go and do what he wants me to do and be who he wants me to be. Missionary work is the greatest, and it is for everyone. Just because you aren't a "full-time" missionary doesn't mean you can't be a missionary. You can feel what missionaries feel and see what missionaries see. I love love love it. I know I say that a lot but it is so amazing! The gospel is meant to be shared and Heavenly Father has blessings in store for those who do!

The gospel is true! Heavenly Father loves us! Jesus Christ lives! He is our Savior and Redeemer. The Book of Mormon is absolutely with out a doubt true!

I love you all! Have a great week!

-Elder Robinson


No comments:

Post a Comment