Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Service and Dating..........

So this week Chet and I realized that we were spending more time together. We have always had kids around us. Dates were few and we had to find the time just to have adult conversation. We really didn't want to be empty nester's. But we like having time for us again. We know we will be OK without kids in the house. We can spend time together and not be bored. A new chapter for Chet and Wendy. Kind of weird because I don't feel like I should be here yet!! Service......a great word! Chrys as you can see is excited for his friend Francis to get out of jail and come home. So he has the youth helping them fix his yard up. Awesome!! Sometime service is as simple as baking a cake or making someones bed. Sometimes it's bigger like sitting by a bed side or taking kids for a day. There is no service too small. For Chrys........his Mission is his service. What a great example. There are many who show what true service is around me. I was able to clean the cannery side by side with Chet. Was it hard.....yes......but it was so worth it!! Service is one of the hardest things to do, but it is so worth it!!!!


Dear Family,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA NUNLEY!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!
Lauren is engaged now? Wow! Congrats!! James is growing up, man! That is crazy. Talking to girls too?? Oh that is just not right ha ha. I am glad you and dad get time together! Ha ha it's like dating again thats awesome. And i also understand Nathan's and James' take on it all ha ha gross. Elder Rawlings! Ok i will be looking out for him! He is going to love Ohio. It's so awesome here. It's a very Christian state. It's nice!
I don't have a whole lot of time so i will speed through this. :)
Francis will be home friday! So excited! Since he has left his yard has really gotten out of control, so on sunday i went to the young men's leader and set up a service project for them to do! We're all meeting tonight and we're going to whip it into shape for him! Oh man, i have really missed that man. The ward is really looking forward to being involved with him!
Zone Conference was this past week. It ROCKED! President is the best. He pumps us up so much! Ha ha. I just wanted to get out and baptise after that! Ha ha.
Yes we went to the temple last thursday and i have to say, incredible! I LOVE the temple. I'm so grateful Brother Coulter was able to take us. It was exactly what we needed!
I cut my thumb up pretty good! With an X-ACTO knife. It's pretty deep, deep enough for stitches but it's too close to my nail. Man did that bleed a lot ha ha i got video of it too! Woo! It's funny. But then not ha ha. Those band-aids you sent me with are pretty good friends of mine at the moment.
We taught an investigator on sunday! But this is no normal investigator, she's been investigating for over a year and a half and even has a calling in our ward! It was so good though! Completely led by the spirit. She finally opened up to us and expressed her feelings and we know her concers now. We and the ward have been praying for her and to be able to find these things out. We're also fasting for her and everything. It was so awesome!
Let me just say, thank goodness for the Oxy Clean you guys sent me. Chocolate on a white shirt is evil ha ha.
Oh and we helped out a less active yesterday and he lets his cats go to the bathroom wherever they want, and oh my gosh. His ceiling collapsed in his basement and there was water everywhere mixed with all the urine in the carpet, so awful ha ha. We couldn't even breath! I love the awesome things that you experience out here ha ha. We had to throw all of our clothes in the wash afterwards.
Well i have to go now, but i love you all so much! Things are going well! We're working though the obstacles! The work is progressing.
The church is true! How great is my calling to bring this truth to others!! I love it!!
Have a great week my wonderful family.
-Elder Robinson


No comments:

Post a Comment