Monday, August 1, 2011

I Love Ohio!!!

Well this week the talks were on talents. Are we using them or do we know all the talents that we have or did we just let them fall away. That is a lot to think about. If you really want to keep your talent up you need to practice. Put in the time to make sure you are a good listener, a good cook, a good piano player. So what is your talent? Or what would you like your talent to be? Another list maybe? As you read this you will see Chrys is learning the Ukulele. I played the Ukulele for 2 years in the 5th and 6th grade. I even played it with the 6th grade teachers while everyone else sang in our concert. Do I still play it? No.......maybe a talent I need to revisit? Something to think about. So what are your talents and future talents?



Dear Family,
It's great to hear you all had a good week! I did too! ... I'm older than Ashlee?? Ha ha what the...that's cool i guess! Anyway, i bought a card reader this past week so i could send a few pictures with this email and i forgot it. Ha ha. Oops. Next week. I've got some good ones. I'm glad church was awesome! Strange about the confusion though, i'm glad that turned around quickly. Sacrament has become so special to me. It's pretty much the only time i have to relax and just worship. Ya know? To sit back, pray, renew my covenants, and listen to the speakers. I learn something new each Sunday. I love being involved in it also, they ask us to pass every once in a while because there are so few deacons. I love it. I want to bless this Sunday.
I gotta say, one thing i do love hearing about is my mama! It makes me so happy to see the Lord blessing you. Hooray on getting your life back!
26 years!! You guys are OLD!! Ha ha! Wow that is so wonderful :) Happy anniversary!
This past week was a good one. I love the package!! So many things! It took me a while to get through it all. I promptly put the tie on as soon as i opened it! Love it! Also the box it came in i am going to use for a lesson i share with members and less actives. It's called the faith-box. I glue a candy bar in the box and put a big ? on the top and talk about how they can find out what is in the box. By exercising their faith! Then relate it to the scriptures and how they become delicious to you as you read. It is pretty great. And the box is PERFECT! Thank you! I'm lovin all the letters! I saw the bag and was like, are all those letters?? Holy moly i'll never catch up! Ha ha.
This past week we did a ton of less-active work. It was great! Less actives are my favorite. I love sparking up their testimonies again and sharing with them mine. A lot of them have just forgotten or have been caught up in the world. I'm so blessed to be able to help them progress in this gospel again. Yesterday we had 2 investigators and 9 less actives at church!! It was awesome! They all enjoyed going! We did some service for one this morning and i can see the light growing in her again! She also bought us a present ha ha she is so awesome. We're also working on bringing her husband to church too. He's an Orthodox Jew. Such a cool guy! He's really coming around.
I can't remember if i mentioned this a few weeks ago but i had my first experience with poison ivy. A big forest of them. Ouch. Ha ha.
I'm becoming better at the Ukulele! I'm having more lessons today. I can now sit back and play a few chords and relax before i go to bed. It's so fun.
We had 2 dinners yesterday. Can you say...STUFFED.
We're working on a family right now, named the Rothes Wonderful family! The Husband is a member and recently went kind of less active but is coming around and the wife and daughter have been investigating the church for almost 2 years. We're really working hard on resolving the anti she has got from family and help her feel the spirit so she will be baptized! We were over last night and played some games with them. Ah i love them!
I love Ohio! My testimony of me being sent here for a reason has grown so much. This is where the Lord wants me to serve in his vinyard, and i will the very best i can. I love serving these wonderful people. I love this gospel. I love the scriptures. I love all of you!!! Continue to be awesome.
I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment