Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Birthdays and Homecomings.........

This week finds the Robinson's with 2 awesome birthdays. Chet Michael the leader of the kids is celebrating his birthday today. I met him in October of 1984 when he was 6. Wow how time has flown by!! He is now a great father and he is a great son!! Happy Birthday Chet Michael!! Next we have Jackson Chelsie's youngest. He will celebrate his birthday this Friday. He has the most sweetest face that you just want to kiss!! He makes me just smile every time I think of him!! Happy Birthday Jackson!!!! It was a great week. We spent time with James at the aquarium and I touched everything with him. It was a great morning with just James. Then we took off Friday and went fishing. Ashlee and Nate came with us. I love the mountains!! I caught a stick....nice!! But it was so great just to be outside that I didn't care about the fish teasing me! Saturday Chet and I just spent the day together. How often does that happen?? Sunday was so awesome!! We got a new Stake Presidency and the meeting that went along with it was so uplifting I wanted it to keep going. But I had a homecoming to get to so I really wanted to get to Orem. CJ, Chrys' friend came home from Bulgaria and what a wonderful meeting that was too!! Lunch at the house after was so nice because seeing friends from the ward was great! I was so tired by time I went to bed I didn't have any trouble falling asleep!! I'm sure if you looked at me I must have been smiling!! Yes, I miss my kids and grand kids that are not with me.......but yesterday it made me so grateful that I have them and I love them soooooo much!!!!!!


Dear Family,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHET MICHAEL AND JACKSON!!!!!!!! I love you both!!!!
Sounds like a pretty exciting week! Tell CJ to email me! I haven't heard from him in a while. That's so crazy!! The new stake presidency!! Wow Chris wells and Corbridge! That's so awesome! And bishop! I mean President! Ha ha. Man that is cool!! Let me know who is the new bishop ya? :) Oh and no i did not get transferred, still here. Will be here 6 months! Which is a long time to be in one area just so you know ha ha but it's all good. I love this ward. All the Gordons are in my prayers!
I really don't have much time today so i have to be quick.
Tuesday night we were able to go on exchanges with a member to visit some less actives. We went to the Tidwells who are almost never home and if they are they are busy and can't talk, but not this night! We pulled up and they were already outside, so we started to talk with them and all sorts which was really good. But then the Tidwells brother who was in town for a few days walked out so i started talking to him about all sorts of things which eventually turned into me being prompted to teach him the restoration right then and there while my companion was talking to the Tidwells. So i did and it went so well! He actually asked for a Book of Mormon ha ha and i gave him one with your testimony in it! He was so nice and was talking about how bad he wanted to get reading the scriptures and get in touch with God again. It was so cool. I am so glad i could be there and be an instrument in the Lord's hand to bring the truth to him.
I was able to see Elder long on Tuesday as well! It was so cool. He had left some things in the apartment and was in the area for a meeting so he stopped by. He's a life-long friend. He's also training again! Ha ha. He trained then had a 5 week brake then back to training ha ha. He's the most solid missionary i know! It was awesome to be able to serve and learn from him.
We are having Zone Conference tomorrow! It may be where President will change up a bunch of things, we're pretty stoked! We do a lot of training there and have a lot of people speak to us.
I have to go now, but this week i am focusing on bearing my testimony. I do it a lot any way but i feel i should do it even more. I KNOW this church is true, i KNOW the Book of Mormon is true, i am so grateful for this privilege i have to serve!! It's amazing!!
I love you all SOOOOO much! Have a great week!!
-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment