Monday, July 25, 2011

It's HOT!!!!

Happy Pioneer weekend!! I love the talks I heard in church yesterday. But my favorite came from a sweet 12 year old who said to be a "Trailblazer". Just like the Pioneers there are still many things to be done. Be a Trailblazer. Chrys is a Trailblazer for being a missionary. What are you going to do today? What about tomorrow? I think I better get a list going myself!! I am grateful to be of Pioneer stock!! If they hadn't come to the Salt Lake valley, I wouldn't live in the beautiful state of Utah! I Love where I live! I love to visit other states, but I love to come home to Utah! July reminds me of how blessed I am to be living in the United States and to be free to worship the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Yes, I am of Pioneer stock.......and I am grateful!!



Dear family,
It is so good to hear from all of you. James is TALL! That shouldn't happen. Not allowed. Ha. And i see James is even tall enough for Dad's bike? Goodness. And buying new tube for it i can relate to, i've gone through 2 already ha ha. Awesome. Yes, that's Elder Turner's name! Ha ha he's sitting on the computer behind me. That is so cool! We've been calling each other brothers all week ha ha.
I am so blessed. This past week i've felt just overwhelmed with blessings. The other night we came in to get ready for bed and while i was laying down i thought, "man, i am so tired.....and why am i so happy?" ha ha. I've been the happiest i've ever been this past week. It's been amazing! Time is flying by. I just realized how far i am into my mission, and how much more time i have. Wow ha ha it motivates me to work even harder because i'm only out here for so long! And it's not even a long time! There is so much to be done.
It was so humid and hot this week. I have never experienced so much sweat ha ha! It was insane. We biked miles every day and boy oh boy did i drink a ton of water. It was in the upper 90's all week with what the people here say, is 100% humidity. We pretty much swam all week ha ha. The other day we were biking on the trail that goes through this big park, that one trail i took a video on. If you saw it. And a big deer jumped out in front of me and i almost crashed ha ha i laughed so hard.
Elder Pierce is awesome, i don't think there is a goofier missionary in Ohio ha ha. We're both pretty much laughing all day every day. We get slap happy a lot ha ha. He's a way hard worker too.
Wanna hear something weird? .....ok so yesterday i was told by a priest that he never sees me not reading in some doctrinal book. I was like...I am always reading. Weird! Ha ha I love it! I learn something new every day! My brain seems to have finally kicked it into high gear. What a blessing.
A women and a child were shot wednesday in the apartments across from us. Don't really know what to say about that. Sheesh.
A drunk also showed up at our door in the middle of the night asking for help. That was also interesting. He wasn't very receptive to the gospel when we visited him the next day but i know that if we wouldn't of answered the door and talked to him, who knows what he would of done. It was a pretty different experience. He's a great guy though. I hope we can help him.
My testimony of this work has grown so much. I can tell you that Christ is coming. And it'll be a lot sooner than we think. There is so much to be done! But i know this is true, and i know that this is the Lord's work. I know that we aren't alone. There are angels all around us to bear us up! I am grateful i am a part of this, to be an ambassador of Jesus Christ, how amazing! I love serving my God. I love my Savior. I know he is real and he loves each and every one of us. I am so grateful for all of you and how wonderful of a blessing you are in my life.
Be an example of the believers and have a great week!
- Elder Chrys Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment