Monday, July 18, 2011

New Companions and Cousins.......

Well this past week Chrys asked us to look in a journal we have of a Grandfather on Chet's side of the family for names. He and another Elder had told the same story that happened in their families. So this morning each of the families sent the names and dates the Elders needed. I so wish I could have been in the library when they read each others letters!! Yes, they are cousins. How awesome for them to be serving in the same state that their family was baptized in. Two sides of Chrys' family lived where the Church started in Ohio. So great for Chrys!! He also has a new companion. Two funny guys living together. Let's see how this goes ha ha!



Dear family,
Aw man. Ryan just emailed me! That is so exciting! I got all giddy when i saw his email ha ha i was like woo! That is so cool. Tell Kevin i say helloooooooo. I love sally! There's a girl here in this ward that looks like her ha ha it's weird. Is Colten putting in his papers yet?? Let me know. WHAT?! Since when is it almost August?? Ha ha that's crazy!! Wow, CJ is almost done. Exciting! Corrine Bauer is serving a mission too? Oh man that is awesome! All these missionaries!! How amazing this work is, ya know? So many missionaries bringing the fullness of the gospel forth and crying repentance to the world! Ha ha so cool!
Transfers were awesome, i was able to see all my MTC district! Everyone except Elder Morley. I love those guys.Elder Pierce rocks, he's old! Ha ha he's been out a little over 18 months. He is super funny, i'm pretty much laughing all day. He's about 6'4" and 280 lbs. Big guy ha ha. He's teaching me the Ukulele! Elder Long was very bussiness like, and Elder Pierce is complete opposite ha ha. It's pretty different. This past week has been a very big learning experience. I realize how much i know about missionary work and about this area. I had no idea ha ha. I'll basically be senior companion till he can get around and get to know the members and such. It's hard but it is awesome!
Interviews with President Nilsen are this week, I AM SO STOKED. I have so many things to talk to him about ha ha. He's so awesome to just be around though. His main focus is love. Love everyone! He says we love the Savior because he loved us first. Same is with our companion. If you want the work to progress then you have to love and support your companion. President is so awesome. His other main focus is working through the members. Last night we were able to sit and talk over every single less active and part member family in the ward and see what the ward needs. It's very cool. President Hinckly promised that if we work with members the work will double. That's what we are working on this week.
It is SO HOT. This week the humidity is going to be up in the 90's as well as the temperature. Yay! . . .It's so humid right now it feels like i'm in a sauna ha ha and it's all foggy and what not. It's pretty great.
My focus on the work is increasing every day. I feel more and more independent and i feel and recognize the spirit more each day. Especially this last week. I love being a missionary, i love love love it. I love bearing my testimony to others and teaching them about this restored gospel. I love these people out here. I love this ward. I love my Savior. I know Joseph Smith was called to restore this gospel. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I am so so so grateful for this gospel and what it does for me and families all over the world. I love it.
Oh...and....
ELDER TURNER AND I ARE RELATED!!!!!!!! Ha ha!! We just printed out our emails like 30 seconds ago to compare, and we're related! Oh man ha ha that is so funny!!
I love you all so much. Thank you for everything you have done for me. You are each in my prayers! Talk to you next week!
-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment