Monday, July 11, 2011

A week of many things.........

It has been a week of many things. I held a Giant African Centipede. It felt like a moving toothbrush. Show no fear was all I was thinking at the time. I was glad that I did it because when was I going to have the opportunity to do it again? I hand fed a duck the next day with James and the grand kids. I walked and walked because I can. I am grateful for that! I have pictures that I can look at so the memories of my time with my family is still with me. I cherish that! My sweet dog Lucky traveled with us and was very good. We also got some really cute pictures of her. I love that after almost 16 years with us, she still loves us! I get to spend some quiet time with Chet this week. I am grateful for this. It doesn't happen very often. Yes, this has been a week of many things....... :]


Dear family,
109 days?? WHAT?! ha ha i don't believe it. Sounded like you had a lot of fun in New Mexico! Mom! That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to go out and have fun! A Giant African Centipede?? Woa! Way to go in Sacrament! Prayers really do invite the spirit in. I'm involved in Sacrament every Sunday just about in some way or another ha ha. It's great. Aww my Harris. I miss that little man. I got his card this last week and i loved it. I am writing him back today! Oops! I think Chelsie did write me a letter! Ha ha i feel so bad. I think it was the week of me leaving the MTC...and i really didn't have time to do anything, it was crazy. Sorry! I will find it and write back! I am also writing Emily back today and a few other people. This has been the first Prep-Day i've had in a while where i get to sit back and relax ha ha. I've been doin all sorts of things! Tell Judy i said hi!! The mom of Buy Low! Ha ha i love her. Oh man a family box? What am i to do? Ha ha i'm putting together a family box as well, but i'm waiting till after transfers this next week to get a few of the things for all of you. Cade Terris way to go!! Missions are the coolest! I laughed at that comment you made about Nate and Ashlee ha ha. That is so great they are happy! I would love to hear from them... . . . .hint hint nudge nudge.
Ok so this week, i found out that one of the elders south of us might be related to me....ha ha. We were talking and he mentioned about how one of his ancestors met the 3 Nephites, and i was like hey me too! So were talking a little more and found out that their last name was Rogers, and i was like hey me too! Ha ha. The stories were actually very similar. So...could you give me some names on all of that side so i could see if they match up with his? He's doing the same in his email right now too ha ha.
We were able to teach someone new this week, named Brandon. Pretty solid kid! We had dinner at Mary McCann's and she had Brandon there who is her granson. He wants to be a Baptist preacher! Ha ha he's so cool. Most reasons why people won't talk to the missionaries or members of the LDS church is because of the rumors they hear, which are all incorrect by the way. When we are able to talk with them about them it takes like 5 minutes to clear all of them up. This was Brandon's case, so we were able to talk about everything he had heard about us and cleared everything up! We taught him about the restoration and a major part about the Book of Mormon. We asked him to say the closing prayer and he said in it that he was grateful for God bringing us to him to talk him into converting to the truth. Ha ha awesome! And he came to church yesterday and talked to the Bishop and said he was coming back! Yeah, he'll be baptized.
I think one of the things i've learned most about while out here thus far, has been about other religions. In columbus there are TONS of different churches. Pretty much a different church on almost every single corner. It's crazy. But nice at the same time because a majority of the people here believe in God. We have an appointment this week with this guy that has been to seriously every church and faith you can think of. He was even a free mason! Which oddly enough, is one that i know most about because it's a big source of anti here. He is searching for the truth and i am so stoked that we can bring it to him!
I have to go, but i love all of you so much! Thank you for being such a wonderful family and a wonderful example of the believers! Reach out to someone this week! I promise there can be nothing better than sharing something you love so much with someone else. I love this gospel. I love the peace and joy it brings into my life and that i have this privelege to bring it to the people here in Ohio. Joseph Smith is a true prophet called of God to restore this truth in these latter days. The Book of Mormon is TRUE! I love you! Have a great week!
-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment