Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Family Time................

This is our first 4th of July away from Chrys. It was kind of weird not having him light everything on fire! We have been enjoying the love, laughter, hugs, screams of excitement and just plain being around each other!! I am grateful to have my family. To have my freedom. To be able to drive all day in a small car to see my grandkids, it caused us to be "car crazy", but it was worth it!! We still have a few more adventures before we leave on our journey home. But I am grateful to be where I am today!!!!


Dear family,
Wow you guys are in New Mexico?? Since when?? Ha ha. Well that's cool! Yeah i was talking to brother Coulter on the phone yesterday and mentioned that you were there and i was like what?? No fair. Then i said, wait a minute, i'm on a mission. Ha ha. It's the other way around! Ohh my mushy face family, i love you all so much. You know, i'm pretty sure i can feel all those Chrys hugs ha ha. Just the other day i for another reason other than being on a mission, felt good. Huh..cool! I really do feel of all your love though. Oh my i love lucky! How is she doing? Still my old puppy? Ha ha. So the whole family is there? That is way cool! Give all of Chelsie's boys (including Chuck) my love! And tell him the shower experience in the MTC is no longer. What did he call it...the tree of life? I dunno. They got rid of that fun though ha ha.
This past week has been probably the longest and shortest so far. Ha ha a missionaries time is so weird. Days go by like weeks and weeks like days. I was senior companion all week for the last of my training. It went well, i learned a lot! This Thursday is when i am officially out of the training program! Ha ha i'm still such a baby! But it's all good.
We were able to meet President Nilsen and his family yesterday! They are SO awesome! And young! He is a ridiculously successful man! He spoke briefly about what he's done in his life and at one point he was world wide president for Burger King ha ha! So crazy! And he brought Taco bell from being number 14 on the top drive through list to number 2 in the nation. And 6 years ago he bought Cafe Rio. When he bought is it had just opened their 6th restaurant and when he left they opened their 41st! It was also named the number 1 fast food concept in the nation. Crazy huh? They are all so great though. I was able to get a few hugs from him and took a picture and everything. They said they had been through Lindon quite a bit :)
Mary and Margaret, the ones who were baptized a few weeks ago wanted me to tell you that i have a mother and a grandma watching over them in Ohio, and it's them. Ha ha and that you need not to worry about me. Ah i love them! They're like my favorite people here ha ha.
That's cool about the missionaries in their ward! It's crazy because the Lord places so much love in your heart for the people you serve, so you really hate to say good bye to them. This last fast and testimony meeting we were able to stand and bear our testimonies and thank the ward for all the that they do for us along with all our ward missionaries! And several others got up and bore their testimonies on missionary work! It was amazing! There was one little girl that almost made me tear up. She got up and said, i know this church is true, i'm thankful for the missionaries and all that they do for us and they help us to be better people. How awesome is that! I love this ward.
Thank you SO much for the card!! I absolutely loved it! We went over to the bike shop down from us and we sat down for a little to cool off, so i decided to open it. Yeah. HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!! ha ha. Oh my gosh i closed it so fast ha ha. It was funny. Every time i listen to that though i can see Dad and James doing that ha ha. Hilarious. Have Nate write me please? And Ashlee too! Ha ha why not? Have them write one letter to me. I need to hear from my brother. Thank her for me for signing the card too :)
Tell G-ma and G-pa that i will send the Taska as soon as i can, i just need to save up enough money for it first. It'll be like 30 bucks ha ha. But i will! Along with a present for her and g-pa too!
Tuesday night we went to bed with tornado sirens blaring and Wednesday we woke up to gunshots outside our apartment. Pretty cool i thought.
My favorite missionary scriptures right now are Jacob 5:71-72,75. And Doctrine and Covenants 18:14-16. Read them!
Well my family, I must go. All is well, i love this gospel with all my heart. My testimony grows day by day. I have never experienced anything like it! I am doing the Lord's work! What could be better?? I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful for you my wonderful and amazing family. Thank you for all of your love and support you give me! God loves you, and i love you!
-Elder Robinson
P.S. Transfers next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment