Monday, June 27, 2011

Stop to Listen.............

Yesterday was a day to remember to listen. I listened at church. There where many great examples around me that I was able to see and hear because I listened. I listened at home. The sound of an epic water fight between James and Nate was priceless. I listened to Sis. Coulter who posted on Facebook that she made brownies that made Chrys feel like home. I listened to Chrys and his letter as he talks of his service to others and his happiness. Yes, I stopped and listened........

Dear family,
I love you all! I love the letters. So many exciting stuff happening at home! I really am so so excited for Ryan and Stephen. That is the coolest. I didn't realize Stephen was that old! Ha ha! Well i gotta say, Dallas has some big shoes to fill! Ha ha totally joking. That is way cool. I'm glad he is ok! So you had your friend over ya? How was it? Did you mention that Ohio is the GREATEST mission on earth?? Well if you did then do it again ha ha. Good idea on not letting him meet the new President, there's nothing like the warm welcome in that airport from your loving president. He's pretty much your dad out here ha ha. Sis Endicott almost passed out? Oh no! Good thing you were there to help her. Speaking of the Coulters....Sister Coulter made me some of your brownies last night. Yum! Ha ha it sent me home for a little. Oh my Lucky! My favorite dog. I love that girl.
This last week was awesome, Tuesday there was a monster storm and we got caught in it ha ha. When it storms here, it STORMS. I looove it. We were so soaked we had to go home and change. Even my waterproof shoes were soaked. After that went over to a Jehovah's Witnesses apartment just a few down from ours. It turned out to be a complete Bible bash. My first one! Ha ha. He had his whole family backing him up with all these books and such. It was crazy. Sad though. He was really nice, but not open at all.
We were out and about the other day and saw a guy sittin on a tree stump, so we went to talk to him and he said, "You don't want to come over here guys." So we're like why? And he said, "Because i'm smokin weed." Yep. Ha ha. Smokin weed. Got a return appointment though ha ha! He's actually a way nice guy.
We had out last Specialized Training with President Jensen, it was SO amazing. It was hard though, it's cool the relationship you have with your President. I only saw him like 10 times while being out here but I have the up most respect and love for him. And I receive all the same back from him! The mission will miss him. But we're all so stoked for President Nilsen! It's going to be awesome.
I forgot to mention this but we went on splits with a guy in our ward Brother Converse, who we later found out was companions with John Heder on his mission ha ha! And went to BYU with him when he started his acting career. They still keep in tough and stuff. How cool is that??
We are going to work with the new President on getting us out to visit Francis while he is in jail. That willbe cool! I don't know if we will be able to but we will see.
The Westra's Book of Mormon is now with a man we started teaching named David. Great guy!
Oh! We have another person on date! July 23rd. Named Sabrina. Sabrina's mom just died not too long ago and the less active, Deisha, who is living with her was best friends with Sabrina's mom. So the Deisha's mom works in the temple and told her that she needed to Sabrina's permission to do her mom's temple work because she is reaching out to her on the other side of the veil. I hope i explained that ok ha ha. But she called us and wanted to meet and talk about what work her mom wanted done. So as we met she felt the spirit and she now wants to be baptized so she can do her mom's temple work! The coolest thing ever! Ah i love it.
Transfers are on the 14th i think. I can't exactly remember ha ha. This Transfer is a 7 week transfer instead of 6 because of the new President and everything. And the next will be a 5 week transfer. So for now since i don't know if i will be staying or not, send all letters and whatnot it to the mission home address.
On monday we had a huge Nerf Gun war at the church ha ha! You should have seen me! All that practice at home came in handy! I have been walkin funny and i'm all bruised because of it ha ha. So cool.
We have been working crazy hard here! I literally look like i've been punched in both eyes because i don't sleep enough for the amount of work we are doing. A member actually asked if Elder Long had punched me ha ha! It's great though! My old District Leader had the same thing. The work is really picking up and getting better and better! I LOVE IT!!
Oh and yes, my card isn't working. I don't know why...but yeah. My bike has seen better days ha ha got a pretty good flat tire the other day and i have to buy a new inner-tube. Cool! Oh I decided to send Nate's B-day card and Dad's Father's day card in with a package and some presents for you guys. It'll take a little while to get the things for it but i will get it all out you you :) I love you guys! The best thing about being on a mission is the fact that everything you do is based around other people. You are serving others all day every day. It makes me so happy! I know this gospel is true. With out a doubt in my mind.
I love you all! Be good!
-Elder Chrys Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment