Monday, June 6, 2011

A True Missionary Mom........

We have the best example of a True Missionary Mom in our ward. Her son has been home for a while now, but she still writes to all the missionaries in the ward. We have 12 missionaries with 4 more going out by September. She WRITES to ALL of them!! She is amazing!!! They write her and send her things. She is not their Mom, but I think she is truly the best example of a Missionary Mom!!


Dear family,
I really don't know what to say in this letter, after what happened with dad. It seems to me that the bishop is talking about what will happen, my companion and i are working hard! I promise! But i am doing it because i want to, not because we are told to.
The bishop is an amazing man. He's going to be a General Authority i know it ha ha.
Well, this past week was hard for me also. Going out and finding that person who needs the gospel is hard. Of course, having the Lord on your side makes it a billion times easier. We only had maybe 4 set appointments this last week, all the rest of the time was out contacting and finding and trying to get some return appointments. It was rough, but i think it paid off.
We had someone commit to baptism, so cool! June 18th. She is 87! Mary, the baptism from a few weeks ago, her mom had been sitting in on the lessons but said she was too old to be baptized. We couldn't be too pushy with her, so we encouraged all the family to talk with her and encourage her. We pretty much stepped completely out of the picture. And sure enough, the spirit got to her! Her daughter spoke with her one night about it and after went in her room. About an hour later came out and said,"Ok, i can do it on the 18th or the 25th." Ahh it was awesome!
Francis' sentencing date is tomorrow, a little nervous. But he told us that he knows in his heart that he is ready to be baptized, and that no matter what he will be. I love that guy.
Another successful Preach my gospel class yesterday! We started practicing, it reminds me so much of the MTC ha ha. I love being the teacher this time ha ha.
There's another missionary here from the Lindon Stake! I think he said he was in the 11th ward? I can't remember. But he just got here a little over a week ago. As soon as i heard that he was from Lindon i tracked him down and gave him a big hug ha ha.
I've almost been hit while on my bike about 4 times now, people like to for some reason swerve towards the missionaries, it's not exactly the funnest thing in the world. Ha ha.
Well, i don't really have much else to say. At least i can't remember anything that i was going to say ha ha. Except for this gospel is true. I am so grateful to be a part of it, and to be a part of this marvelous work! Ohio is wonderful. I love being a missionary.
I love you family, you are all so amazing. Stay true blue through and through.
-Elder Chrys Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment