Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Family was a little Grumpy..........

Well the family was a little grumpy yesterday. It took us a while to figure it out, we can be a little slow at times. It was a holiday and the library was closed so Elder Chrys didn't get to write us a letter. Wow! We all run to the computer at 9:30 am to see who could get on their email the fastest, and then we checked all day.........yes we were a little grumpy. Then we became happy because today we got a letter. But not only that, I got a small personal note all to myself!! So the grumpiness can leave at least for today!! :]


Dear Family and Friends,



How can anyone live here?! It's so hot! Ha ha. It's only 97 outside but the humidity is....fun. Walked out of our apartment today and felt instantly drenched. Ohio is wonderful though. Yesterday was a huge Memorial day cook out for the Pick 2 ward so we went to that and ate food and such. A big band was there and there was this older couple dancing swing ha ha it was awesome. We played football for a good hour and i don't think i have ever sweat more in my whole life. I mean it. Ha ha it was so good though i loved it. That is the reasoning behind the late e-mail though. That and the library was closed. Sorry about that.

I'm so glad things are going well, i pray for you all every day. Sally told me she dropped by?? She said you guys all looked so happy! Ahh that makes me happy. I love Sally. Oh and i did get the card, but the video did not work :( i'm gonna see what i can do though. I love the thing Alex made!! Amazing!! James is out of school in a week??? What? Where did all that time go?

This week went well. After the baptisms it has been hard because our investigator pool is low. We're out contacting a lot. Contacting is so fun though, you meet so many interesting people. Most of which believe in God which is good, but are pretty set in their ways. Last week on i think friday, EVERYONE was talking to us on the street ha ha. We'd be biking and hear an "Elders!" from someone sitting on their porch. Or a bunch of girls yelling " How are you superman?!" ha ha ha. That one made me laugh. We got 3 more investigators that night though! Which is what we needed! We went to President Jensen's last transfer. So sad! Also half of our zone was leaving. One of which went home. It's amazing how fast you can love people out here, we were all teary eyed through the whole thing! Yeah, we're a bunch of babies.

We're working very closely with our bishop in this upcoming week. We're building "member missionary packets" to get the members more involved. We're so excited. Also, we had our first Preach My Gospel class! It was great! The priests we are teaching are a great bunch of guys. One just got his mission call to Australia!

Francis is doing so well, he's preparing himself for baptism. I love going over there, he's so awesome! He's golden. We're teaching him right after this, pretty stoked.

Had a pretty wonderful experience this week. I was sitting reading the letter that Sally's mom sent me :) woo! Anyway, she mentioned the Plan of Salvation, and how wonderful it is to know we are to be with our families forever. Instantly an intense feeling of the spirit came over me, one of those ones where you have to stop what you're doing and just say...wow. This is true. Ha ha. Like the times at the baptism i told you guys about! It was an amazing moment. I am so grateful that i am able to be with my family forever. It hurts to think about all the people that don't know what i know. I'm so grateful i am a missionary and i am able to bring the truth to them. How great is my calling! Thank you Mother Marsh!

I love you all so much, you are the best family in the world! It made me so happy to receive that card and read that you guys are reading the "giant" Book of Mormon every day! It's true, all of it is true. I am so grateful for this gospel, for my testimony, for a living prophet! Keep reading my dear family, I know it is true. I know my Heavenly Father lives and loves each and every one of us. Thank you for everything you do, and stay wonderful! I will write everyone back this upcoming monday, all other prep days have been crazy!

I LOVE YOU!

-Elder Robinson


OH! P.S. we successfully dropped a marsh mellow off a 3rd story building into Elder Jones' (the elder that went home) mouth. SO awesome.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like he's doing great! We knew he would be ;-) The humidity in the mid west is pretty harsh, but I always thought of it as an easy way to sweat off the pounds...LOL.

    I especially like the part about dropping the marshmallow in the other elders mouth. Too fun.

    ReplyDelete