Monday, May 23, 2011

I HAVE THE BEST GMA AND GPA EVER!!!

Ok.......so I have a son who loves his Grandma Nunley's Chocolate potato cake. So she sent him everything to make it in a box with music and his favorite snacks. Now as you can see in his letter he is making songs about how much he loves them for sending him yummy packages. I love that he appreciates getting things from his family!!



My family,
I love you guys. Every one of you. The spirit you have uplifts me every monday as i read your emails. Oh and I HAVE THE BEST GMA AND GPA EVER!!!! Cake, recipies, fastbreaks, and clair de lune?! Holy cow I was singing throughout the apartments about how wonderful my grandparents are. Literally...ha ha. And i looove the letters from livv and harris :) i love you guys.
This past week was the fastest week yet. Monday-Wednesday felt like one whole day. It was ridiculous. As each week goes by i realize how short 2 years really is. It's so crazy.
We had another baptism! SO good! Her husband just reactivated a few months ago and he was able to baptize his wife and his daughter. Such a strong spirit there. And we have another baptism on date, very cool story. She's from Ghana, and has been here for about 3 years, across the hall from us. She was taugh by the missionaries about 2 years ago by an Elder Walker, ha ha that's right, Kevin's friend! For some reason they dropped her though. We don't quite understand why. Anyway, she said that she has been searching for a church to go to but couldn't find one, and whenever she would think of somewhere to go, the picture of Christ on our front door would flash in her mind. WOA. And on thursday she went to someone in our ward because she knew she was a member, and asked for a Book of Mormon, so the member quickly called us and we were there within 5 min. We taught her the first lesson and invited her to be baptized! She accepted! We met up with her yesterday and asked her about her reading and she said about 5 times, "it's true, it's true." Yeah. That is just too cool. Blew our minds that's for sure.
Francis is well. We still don't know what is going to happen, so we're all a little nervous. We're all hoping and praying he doesn't go to jail. He's such a great guy.
Our ward members are becoming so involved with what is going on! It's amazing! Things are looking up here in Ohio!
And i am SOOOO glad Nate is doing well! That makes me so happy. A girlfriend too?? Woa! She sounds like a keeper. I love you Nate!
PS3 broke? Sad day. Keep that hard drive of all the videos though. Just gives James more time to play drums!
This past week has just been amazing. Definately hard, but amazing.
I gotta go! Here's my favorite quote.
One of the assistants this past week read this quote by President Eyring at President Jensen's last Zone conference,
"I am a part of the fellowship of the unshamed. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a Desciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised, reguarded, or rewarded. I now live by Faith, lean on his presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, devided, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up....or let up until i have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till i drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear."
30 seconds! Ha ha. I love you all so much. This Church is true. The Book of Mormon is the very Word Of God

No comments:

Post a Comment