Monday, June 20, 2011

Words from Elder Carrey ha ha.............

When Chrys was 5, I had been off medicine for a few years and had another seizure. I was on the phone with Chet's Mom and fell back on the bed. Chrys thought I was playing till he saw some blood coming from my mouth because I bit my tongue. He knew he couldn't call on the phone so he went across the street and got my neighbor Laurie who was always there for us. She called 911 and waited for Chet and the paramedics to arrive. Chrys knew everything would be ok. He was calm through the whole thing. He was my hero that day. So in his letter when he talks about this, it was March 14, 1996. It brought tears to my eyes. I hugged him tight when I came to and realized that he had taken care of me. The spirit does work in amazing ways!!!



Dear family,


HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATE!!!!! A birthday card will be on the way.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY YESTERDAY DAD! A card is also on the way for you.


Wow! Sounds like a crazy week at the Robinson's! That's so awesome though. I'm glad everyone is having fun and i can assure you that i am as well! Yes! I got grandma's letter, i love it! I saw the pictures first and was like wait who's getting baptized? Then i read the letter ha ha ahh that is so amazing. Way to go Nick! Ha ha Sadie did Livvy's and Cami's hair? That's sweet! Mom, you're cool, feathers or not! Your friend got to see the President? No way! That's so cool! Yeah the whole mission is pretty stoked for him to arrive. We've been preparing. Tell your friend's son that it's not the Ohio, Columbus Mission here....It's The GREAT Ohio, Columbus Mission. Ha ha. It's the best mission. I haven't gotten anything from Connie..maybe it just hasn't came yet? I would love to hear from her! Poor Dallas...Prayers are being said. I am so glad that Papa Jay and Cheryl are doing well! I've been praying a lot for them.

This week.....We had a baptism! So awesome! 87 years old and didn't even plug her nose ha ha! I spoke at it, pretty good. It was weird, i couldn't read ha ha. I started and every time i looked at my paper it was blurry, so i just went by spirit ha ha. It was on the Holy Ghost. It went very well. I actually shared my experience i had with mom's seizure...strange that i did but it seemed to me that it wasn't just me that was sent to get Laurie...or else why would i mention it? The spirit was so strong. It was great.

Turns out that Francis is in jail for 90 days instead of 30. Sad. But we're sending letters, a triple combination, and the missionaries in his area to him. So it's all good.

We have someone else on date! July 28th. In the first lesson too! Andrew, he's 19 and he looks like he's 25 or 26 ha ha. He has tattoos all over and what not, but he wants to turn his life around. It's so cool that i am able to be a part of this.

We're teaching a Jehova's Witness. Pretty cool. Their doctrine is confusing ha ha. But he has a lot of questions we can answer so it's cool. There is a lot of Jehova's Witnesses here, really nice people!

We went on exchanges on wednesday with my district leader, Elder Rose from Lehi. Awesome day!! And That night we went fire-fly catching. We caught about 30 and took them to the apartment where they later got out and went all over our ceiling. Oh my gosh.........I never thought i would see a lightning bug. They are the coolest thing. The just started coming out this last week. It makes Ohio all magical looking! Ha ha!

I received a big box of Books of Mormon! So awesome when i opened it! I almost cried! All the left over B.O.M.s from missionary month. I already handed out the Cole's family to a boy names Caleb who has just gained a testimony. And i now have the Westra's in my back pack :) THANK YOU LINDON 13th WARD!!!!!!

Speaking of back packs....my taska broke. Well, the little metal hook that connects the strap to the pack itself. Talk to Mr. Mac about it maybe? I'm using my Ful backpack right now. Also...my card from home says it's lost or stolen? I had to use my missionary fund to buy some bike parts...which isn't the greatest thing to do. Could you look into that?

Ohio is Wonderful, It really is the greatest place to serve a mission. I am so grateful to be out here learning and serving. Oh and did i tell you that i LOVE studying? Yeah, i bet you never thought you'd hear me say that ha ha. I love it though, because i now know how to! I have many cool videos for all of you. One of the lightning bug craze, and some of a 20 ft fire :)

This church is true. The Priesthood is real, and the power is real. I am so grateful for this Gospel and the knowledge i have, and that i have the privilege to bring it to those who are in need of it. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet that was called by God to restore this church. I was told a little bit ago by a temple president that i am here to build Ohio back up to what it once was. Ah. What a task! Ha ha. I love you guys. You are all the best. I couldn't have a better family! Keep staying awesome! I'm sorry i can't email everyone back, i'm out of time! I love you all though.


Love,

Elder Robinson. Or as EVERYONE likes to call me, Elder Carrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment