Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The End of Summer............

I can't believe summer is over. It was busy!! Which is a good thing!! It was also relaxing at times because James has decided he likes to live at other peoples houses. He also discovered his Dad's bike. Am I sad summer is over? Yes and no. I will miss the warm weather and nice nights sitting outside. But I love the change in the seasons. The fall colors are so beautiful! I will be fine for a few weeks though if they want to stay away. Today is also Lucky's birthday. I sat by her mother's side for 2 hours and watched her come into this world. I was the first to hold her. She is the sweetest dog!! Well here is to another great end of the summer!! I hope your summer was wonderful and the next season holds many treasures for you!!


Dear family,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCKY!!!!!!!!!! Oh my girl! That is so awesome i forgot it was today! Glad to hear my puppy is still my puppy!
Ha ha i'm glad James is listening to me! And he better believe i will beat him up if he does! Ha ha i love him. And he's taking German?? That's awesome! Way to go kiddo! Harris my main man caught the biggest fish! Isn't that like the 2nd or 3rd time he's done that on family fishing trips? Ha ha he is so awesome.
Francis is home! Yes! We cleaned up his yard with a few of the young men and it was awesome! He came home and the first thing he did was call us! How cool is that?? He thanked us and set up a time we could meet up with him. We went over Sunday night and saw him with a member of ours which went way well. Same old Francis! Ha ha he's amazing. I made sure he knew how happy we were that he was home. Should be at church this Sunday!
We had a former investigator contact a member of ours and then the member called us over to meet with her and the first thing she said was, "I want to be baptized." .......Wow! Ha ha can you say, golden investigator?? She's so awesome though. Her name is Esther and she is from Ghanna. We're going over the lessons with her on Thursday.
On Friday, some elders from the area next to us came over and blitzed our area with us. Meaning we got double the work done. It was awesome!! We went finding for a good 6+ hours on what happened to be one of the most hottest and humid days i have ever experienced in my life, but it gave a lot of chances to talk with people while they gave us water. Ha ha. It was awesome. Met some really nice people and was able to bare my testimony to them! I love missionary work!
Thank you so much for the card! I love getting those!!! They totally make my week. This last one was awesome! To see all those familiar faces! So cool. I will for sure be looking out for Elder Rawlings when he comes out this next transfer. He's going in the MTC tomorrow isn't he? Woo! Ahh the MTC. What a cool experience.
Jon Browning will be in the MTC next month i think the 12th or 13th, i'm not sure i'll have to ask. We go out on splits with him a few nights a week and he said he wants to visit you guys and go out to lunch or something when he goes out there a few days early. Cool huh! I assured him that you all would love that! He's an awesome guy, he will be an amazing missionary! He's one of my friends on facebook i think if you want to message him about it. Oh and Collin Janke will be going out early too when he goes in next month and he said he would like to do the same. I will keep you informed!
I will be writting grandma soon, but thank her for all she has done for me! She's amazing! I love her! The Gatorade is awesome! I have a full gallon mixed up in the fridge right now ha ha and thank her for her letters! Especially this one i just got today with the article out of Mormon Times! SO cool!!
Well my family, I am doing well. Missionary work is the BEST! I wouldn't want to to be doing anything else. I am a forever missionary! I always want to do this ha ha. I love serving others. I love studying the scriptures. I love baring my testimony to friends and strangers. I love feeling and seeing the power of prayer. I love my Heavenly Father!
Have a grrrreaaat week!! I love you all so much! The church true!
-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment