Monday, September 12, 2011

Remembering............

As I was reading about what everyone else was doing 10 years ago, I thought about what I was doing. Chet turned on the TV and we just sat there in shock. We got the kids to school. Chet went to work. Then the day was filled with sadness. James was only 3 and didn't understand why his afternoon shows weren't on, so I kept him busy doing other things. A few weeks later I was helping Chrys' 5th grade class and was talking to a girl. She had lost her Uncle on one of the flights. She told me all about him. How she missed his laugh. She just wished he would come home. That was when it came really close to my heart. So many families where changed that day. It was had to watch anything about it yesterday. The emotions are still there. I am so grateful to live in America!! I am so grateful to have a beautiful family!! I am so grateful to have the freedom to choose my religion and the everyday things I want to do!! I am so grateful for those who have fought and still fight for our freedom!! Now just to let you know about the howdy cowboy.......I was running out of titles for Chrys' letters so I was getting creative. I mean, I have 2 years of letters. I still have a little over 18 months to go............. :]


Deeeaaarrr familllyyy, !
Howdy cowboy? Ha ha! Well boy howdy i reckon that be a grrreat title! Ha ha i love it. I have like 10 min today ha ha so i have to be quick...Lovin the updates on Utah though! Sounds like things are going well, except for people getting sick! I hope they get better!
We have a baptism!!! Esther is going to be baptized on the 1st next month....yes...Conference weekend! Ha ha it's going to be conference then baptism then conference ha ha how awesome is that?? She is awesome. She said in the first lesson that the spirit told her that this is the one and only true church! She is so in tune with the spirit is is just too cool. I am glad i can be a part of this!
Francis, sadly, cannot be baptized yet. We don't know when but he can't be baptized because he's on parole. Which is for the next 5 years. BUT we are hoping and praying that after his community service is done that we can get special permission from President and the First Presidency to get him baptized before then! Eek!
We had a monsterous Nerf war last week! It was AWESOME! Ha ha we even had a less-active come! Which is way good! We dominated!! Pick-Town rules!
Yesterday while i was sitting in sacremenet i was reading the B.O.M. and had an overwhelming feeling of the spirit. A feeling of gratitude for having a prophet and having this wonderful book in my life. I just put my head down and prayed and thanked my Heavenly Father for these things! The Book of Mormon speaks to me DAILY. I love love love it!
I just want to make this clear......I LOVE OHIO!! Ha ha. I am where the priesthood was restored to this earth!! Ah! And the people here are so awesome. We were meeting with and investigator last night and i realized how much i really love these people and how much i love Ohio. It's Zion! According to my ward mission leader...ha ha. But so is Utah! He disagrees ha ha.
Ok 2 minutes! Ha ha i love you all SOOOO much! Thank you for everything my oh so wonderful family! The church is true! The Book is blue! Stay wonderful and have a great week!
-Elder Robinson



No comments:

Post a Comment