Monday, September 19, 2011

James and his silliness..........................

So this past week I have been doing my best to spend time with James who wants to spend time with his friends more. So we took a day to do homework. He put on his songs and played them a little loud. "Mom do you know this one? Do you know this one?" It was the question of the day. We danced a little and laughed a little. Then he told me a lot of silly stories about his friends and yes, girls. Did you know that he hates when girls spray silly cologne? He turned his head one day and got it right in the eyes because a girl had it backwards. Yup, he hates it! He won't eat lunch if he doesn't have anyone to sit with so he will buy bacon/cheese potato chips. Sigh. He can talk like a run on sentence forever, but when we get in public he shuts up and doesn't say a word. What is up with that?? He asks me if he is driving me crazy, if I say yes, he says good because he likes to mess with peoples minds. I like that one!! Last night he looked at us with a straight face and said "Mom, I told my friends you had Chet Michael when you were 13. They lost all respect for you. Then I told them the real story and they like you again." We laughed so hard!! I told him I was 12 1/2 just to be clear though. So Chet and I cuddled and tortured him last night and it was great!! He is not going to let it happen to much longer. Yes, James is pure silliness and I am grateful for it!!


Dear family,



Sounds like a great week for all of you! Except dad ha ha. Poor baby.....:) Tell James he's the funniest kid i know. Wow. Ha ha. Bonnie Stern, YES!! Ha ha she is someone we were able to reactivate and get to church again. She is awesome!!! We call her Mama Bonnie ha ha. She is the best. Jon Browning is a goof, ha ha. He's so awesome. He's excited to meet all of you! Collin Janke too, he'll be out like 1 or 2 weeks after him and he wants to meet up with all of you too. He's going to Australia! I'll have him add you too on there. That's so crazy with the amount of missionaries coming in and out of our ward! That is amazing! As for the Navarro's....i love them! Ha ha they are so nice to write me. The CD is awesome! They are on my list of people to write back.

Ok so this week has been awesome! I got sick Friday night, which stunk! With the big weather change here like everyone is getting sick. Half the elders in my district is sick ha ha. I'm starting to feel a little better.

Francis is amazing. Ha ha. Nuff said. No really though, we met with him on Wednesday and he was telling us all about his experience in jail. He wasn't able to take a Book of Mormon with him when he went in but when he got there he checked the library and there was a copy! So he picked it up and read it every day! He was even made fun of for reading it, but he still did it! He said it brought so much comfort. He shared with us his favorite chapter which is one of the best ones ever, Alma 36. I was blown away with how much he was able to expound on the scriptures! It was amazing! He is doing well. And is excited to meet with us tomorrow and is excited for conference!

We have another person on date! Esther's daughter, Dorthy, so they will both be baptized on the same day! Both on the 1st, between sessions of conference! How awesome is that?? They are so amazing, they are way in tune with the spirit! And really eager to learn! We just taught the Plan of Salvation to them and Dorthy kept saying, wow! Holy cow! Wow! Ha ha she was loving Heavenly Father's plan. It was awesome! We're very excited for them.

I love being out here. I wouldn't rather be doing anything else. Everyone should serve a mission! It's incredible! Anyone who chooses not to, i think, is making one of the biggest mistakes of their lives!! It's fun, it's hard, it's rewarding, it's unlike anything i've experienced and i've never been happier. I love this work.

One thing that stood out to me this week that was brought up in Elder's quorum yesterday is a quote by an apostle when he saw the afterlife in a vision. Matt's talk that you talked about reminded me of it. It says he saw in the spirit world and in the kingdoms family units, happy and working together, but then he saw others who were alone and wanted to be with their family but couldn't. Simply because they did not fulfill their callings in the earth life. To go along with Matt's talk, finisher's wanted, Christ finished his calling on earth, and did a lot more than we could ever do. And yet, a lot of us don't fulfill our callings. Christ said to follow him, he is our example, and in order to do that we need to fulfill our callings and be finisher's! So in return we can be with our families forever. I hope that all makes sense ha ha i'm doped up on medicine right now.

Well i love you all so much! Thank you for the card!!! i love getting those!! They are such spirit lifters. Thanks for the cash too! It helps a lot!! Have a wonderful week!!

-Elder Robinson


No comments:

Post a Comment