Friday, September 28, 2012

Life goes faster than you think........



     So I have this kid that left the house to go on an adventure for 2 years. He left behind his noise makers which are now in storage for a little bit (2 small ones sit in by my kitchen table). I love the sounds of the drums!! He has burned a tie and shirt. I am waiting to see if he got to burn some pants. Some Moms gasp when they hear this. I say they have earned it, let them burn!! I look at my family and how they have all grown this last year and a half. They are so beautiful. I get lost in their faces everyday. I taught a lesson a few weeks ago on Temple Marriage. I decided to update the family pictures on my piano. Now I can stare at them all I want all day long. This makes me happy when I only have James and Chet here bugging me. I do miss them a lot and it's not the same, but it will do till I can see them. Yes life goes faster than you think. I'm not getting older. At least that's what I'm telling myself. But sharing more time with Chet is a bonus!!! So Elder Robinson, burn those pants and here's to 6 more months in the Great Ohio!!!!


Dear Family,


Squaw Peak! Man i love that place! The colors are beautiful!
Everything is still green here. At least it's not dead like it was all
summer. The weather is cooling down quite a bit though, running in the
mornings is getting to be pretty hard! All of you look so good though.
I love pictures! Send more!


Well i don't have much time today. We had a lunch appointment that
ended up afterwards seeing bishop for a little bit at his work, and we
still have a bunch to do before the day ends. Plus i have bunches to
say!

First off, the game was SWEET! We were supposed to go on the field for
the pre-game show but ended up not going. But we were on camera a
bunch! And got a Columbus Crew hat! It was so fun being with all my
companions!! Of course I hung out with Elder Riggs the whole time.
Whenever we see each other it's like nothing has changed and we become
little kids together ha ha! He's such a goof. Man i love him. Plus all
the people that were sitting right below all the missionaries were
from Xenia!! SO awesome to talk and hang out with them. All in all it
was way fun, my first and probably my last all day p-day! It
definitely threw off all of our sleeping schedules though ha ha i have
been so tired since!

The work here is doing so good! It's really moving at a fast pace,
it's hard to keep up with all that is going on! Last week we found 5
new investigators- Annett and Robert's son's-Shawn and Ethan, and
Chris, Betty and Matt who were some former investigators that we
dropped by with a member. They were each so awesome. Annett and Robert
didn't make it to church but Emily and her Daughter did! And they
loved it! So she is still on date to be baptized on the 13th. Also
bishop's nephew came who is investigating down in Lawrenceburg, he has
such a strong testimony. It blows my mind! The ward is on fire right
now and everyone is feeling the work that is going down! Everyone
wants to help us out, and i think it's because the area hasn't had
much excitement as far as missionary work for so long and now that
it's moving along everyone is getting excited. It's amazing! I feel so
blessed to be here, i love these people!

Last week bishop received a letter in the mail full of money donated
to the church from people no one knows, and it wasn't a small donation
either. But Bishop tried to get a hold of them and finally they called
back last night and left a message on Bishop's phone. Needless to say
he called us over immediately! The said their names were James and
Joice, and that they had been watching a lot of BYUtv and had been
reading the Book of Mormon and would like to have someone to meet with
from the church. WHAT! So yeah, a member took it into his hands and
set it all up for us to go over to their house tonight to teach them.
How awesome is that! What a great feeling! I love being here!!

Well i am out of time, i love you all so much! This gospel is so true.
I love my Heavenly Father so much, and i love my Savior and am so
grateful for him. Being a missionary is the greatest thing ever. The
Lord is really in and a part of this work, inviting ALL to use his
Atonement. I love him. Thank you for everything you do my wonderful
family! You all mean so much to me.

Have a great week! Share the gospel with someone!

-Elder Robinson



No comments:

Post a Comment