Friday, October 5, 2012

The Letter "P"...........

     This week is brought to you by the letter "P". I am wearing it proudly upon my shirt because I have procrastinated in writing the blog. I am now tired and have a very long Saturday a head of me. So yes I am wearing my letter "P" and I am going to let the Elder entertain you this week!! But before I go, I hope those of you who are going to listen or watch, may you enjoy your conference weekend!!!      :]


Dear Family,



First~Yeah 18 months! Sure you didn't forget ;) ha ha it's ok if you did. I tried to. I have yet to find a place i can burn some pants but i will soon!
Second~I'm sure I've spoke with Elder Alger, but i can't remember any of the Elders names any more. There's too many! The older you get the less missionaries you know.
Third~Where's Waldo thing at the Riverwoods? Whahh that sounds fun. So your taking the missionaries then ya? Sweet!
And Zac is home! He looks....the same. Ha ha. But awesome! That's so good. Thanks for sharing parts of his talk with me.
Jacob and Caleb on missions?!? I can't believe it. That is so awesome. How many missionaries are from our ward now? like a billion?


Well this past week was pretty awesome. the work is rolling forward at such a fast pace it's hard to keep up! CV and Emily are doing great! They both came to church yesterday and loved it. CV is so funny, he kept asking when he gets the "kool-aid" ha ha. Emily is still on date for October 13th but right now we are looking at maybe pushing it back a little bit, we will be having dinner with them on Tuesday and we are going to discuss it. They are so awesome though, it's so fun teaching them. They're definitely some of my most favorite people ever!

Last night was pretty cool. We were planning on going up to Brookville with a member after lunch at the bishop's but ended up not because they didn't have enough gas to get there and we didn't have enough miles to drive there and back, so we ended up calling some investigators down in Osgood to see if we could drop by. We eventually got there and when we did, the wife called their preacher and asked if we all could come over which he of course said yes. Who can resist grilling a couple of Mormon missionaries? We got there and almost instantly they brought out all they could about the Mormon church they had found on the Internet. Oh man did i start praying! The preacher's wife really tried hard to bash us as much as she could. The preacher was actually pretty cool, he was just trying to determine if we were Christian because he had heard otherwise. It was funny because all the stuff they got off the internet was actually right, and we just kinda sat there bearing testimony of everything she said and after we did she didn't have much to say on the subject. I've had some Bible bashes before, but none like this one. This one all we did was bare testimony and it literally stumped everything they tried to throw against us. It was pretty cool. Preacher John decided in the end that we were a couple of good guys who were part of a great religion, and that we were Christian. Pretty cool i thought!

Ok so, the Boyds. They are so SWEET! Holy cow they are awesome. So yeah it all started with him flippin through the channels and coming across BYUtv and loving what he watched then he ordered a Book of Mormon and he as of last week was already reading in Alma 60. WOW. He knows it is true and really wants to go to the temple. It was amazing! Such a testimony builder! The wife hasn't read it yet but is very willing to learn and discover for herself, and they are both SO nice! We gave them an extra Book of Mormon and he was like,"Hey i'm going to give this to one of my friends!" He's already a missionary!! Tonight we will be having a chapel tour with them and a member and we will be inviting them to baptism for this month. Oh man we are so stoked! And it turns out that he knows a ton of the members in this ward already so everybody else is just as excited!! We are so blessed here. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.


Well the time is up and i must get going. This is the work of the Lord. I know that. I know that this is the true and living church. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and because of that I know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God. Heavenly Father loves us all so much, and he shows it every day. I love him and I am so grateful to be out here serving. Thank you so much for everything you do! I love you all so much! Oh, and tell the Bagley's that the Flarp is awesome!! Ha ha! Also the home maid gatoraide rocks! Thank you!

Have a great and safe week!

-Elder Chrys Robinson

Represent!

No comments:

Post a Comment