Friday, October 19, 2012

Hello again.......

     It's me again. I really don't have a lot to share this week. Just driving James crazy trying to get him caught up on homework for his missed days. He has been talking German to me and I have no idea what he is saying. But if it helps with his communication log I will listen and try to guess what the phrase is. I am always wrong and we laugh. My guess last night was "Lucky's sweater is by the blanket hamper." His question was "How was your day today?" I so don't know what he's saying! Tonight we are going to a free concert at Riverwoods so he can get his concert report done for orchestra. It will be a nice night out and hopefully with some good music. We are taking one of his friends also. I hope Chet and I survive!! Then a great thing will happen tomorrow.........no alarm Saturday!!!! I can hardly wait!!!! Have a great weekend everyone!!!


Dear Family,


HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA CHERYL!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!! Man i need to write them. 
Haven't gotten the package yet, it's in Hebron Kentucky right now with the elders over there, but i will be seeing them tomorrow. Thank you!! The pictures ha ha lucky looks so cute! I love how much she hates that thing ha ha.

I'm still in Batesville! WOO!!

This past week was definitely a good one. It's been hard lately with pretty much no appointments, but we've been trying to stay busy finding people. On Tuesday we tracted out a sweet family! We set up a return appointment for Friday and they were all ready to sit and hear what we have to share with them. Asheesh (that's not how you spell it but i can't figure out any other way to) is Hindu and he's from India. He is way sweet! He grew up in a Catholic church so he knows about Jesus Christ a little bit. He's not a practicing Hindu, but still considers himself one. April is his wife and she is super cool too. She knows quite a bit about the church from her member friends, but has never met with the missionaries until now. They are both ready and willing to learn and very open to reading the Book of Mormon. It was cool though, we prayed and decided to teach the Plan of Salvation for their first lesson, and everything was going so good, but near the end Asheesh stopped us and asked, "what is the Holy Ghost?" Man did i feel dumb. Ha ha. I guess we carried on thinking he knew. But it was pretty cool to teach him these eternal basic truths about Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. It's just awesome being a missionary.

On Sunday we got a new bishop! Bishop Watkins, after 7 years, has been called to the High Council. He will do great. Man I love that family though, it was a big tearful Sunday that's for sure. They are seriously my family away from home. On Saturday we were able to go do service for his neighbors and rake all their leaves, which actually turned into them dropping goodies off at bishop's to thank him, and they ended up having a gospel conversation for like an hour and a half. And Sister Watkins offered to have them over when we were there and they should be setting something up this week! Man, just doing service is my favorite anyway, but to see the things that come out of it sometimes are just awesome. Things are definitely moving!

Right now the rest of our investigators are kind of in limbo, so we're having a good take action week this week. Which started last night with a less active family that we are going over the Addiction Recovery Program with. It's funny, everyone we've taught here kind of progresses at the same rate and at the same time. When one person is being taught the plan of salvation, so is everybody else. It kind of just works out like that. So right now it's get it done! Make it happen! Just do it! Action week. We'll be having some sweet lessons this week to get people to baptism. It's going to be a good one :)

Well, I'm out of time. And i gotta say, if there is anything I've learned out here, it's that there is not a point that you reach to where you are in the safe zone away from Satan's influence. You ALWAYS have to protect and defend your faith. It is an every day-every second thing. With correct decisions, you can increase in faith, and with incorrect decisions you can decrease in faith. It is a gift of God that is given when righteousness is present, and man am i thankful for it. I am just so grateful for how much Heavenly Father loves his children and leads and guides us. The work is rolling forward, and through our faith many people will know the truth. This is the work of the Lord, and it will roll forth with or with out us! I love being a missionary. I know i say that a lot but it is so amazing. It scares me to think of how short it is. But it makes me so happy to see so many people preparing to serve and getting out there! Let's do it!

I love you all! Have a great week! Share the gospel with someone!

-Elder Chrys Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment