Friday, October 26, 2012

Chet Wants Chocolate..........

     So the other night Chet ran out of his chocolate syrup. I know the world came to an end. So I asked him if he looked on pintrest for the recipe. He looked at me weird and sad. James saved him by calling and needing a ride. I take this opportunity to get on and find one. When they get back I show him what I found. I thought he was going to cry right there. So the next day he watched me make him some yummy dark chocolate syrup. He pulled out his ice cream to try it out. He was so silent while eating it. Then there was a big smile. Yes, I can make chocolate syrup. Sorry Hershey, I will be making my own, but I will still need your cocoa. As long as Chet is happy then I am happy!!   :]


Dear family,

Well this past week was good. It slowed down quite a bit though. My whole mission i think has really been pushing me to do the hard things, and this past week was definitely a trial of my faith, which is a topic we have been focusing on for a long while as a mission. Pretty much every appointment we had last week canceled, and so most days we found ourselves asking, "Well, what now?" But one thing i have learned, that to make it to the breaking point and not break, you have to keep the faith and knowledge that God lives, and he will lead you. Don't pray away the trial, but ask for strength to make it through it. Don't ask for a different road or a different load, but ask for guidance and help to carry the load. The Savior's grace is with us and helps us every step of the way. We will always hit our trial - the trial of our faith - but if we push through it, THEN we receive the witness or miracle. So i found myself asking for a lot of help and guidance this last week. We didn't find any new investigators, but with some help and because we did the hard things and pressed on in faith, we got 2 new people to church, plus 2 other pretty much new investigators to church that we will be teaching this week. Plus! I'm happy. Ha ha. I love the peaceful feeling knowing that you worked hard and did your best. I love how much help we have from our Heavenly Father through this life if we just press on!

Holly came to church for the first time in years and really enjoyed it. She was taught years ago by sister missionaries and almost was baptized but never commit. But right now she is on date for December 3rd! She is great. Gospel Principles class was so awesome, we prayed about what needed to be taught and we decided on The Gift of the Holy Ghost, which was perfect for her! The class went over because we were having such a great conversation. Man it was awesome. Also Brother Boyd (we call him brother boyd because he's pretty much a member) came to church for the first time and really enjoyed it! He already knows so much about the church and is reading in 3 Nephi now! I'm pretty sure Holly thought he was a member ha ha. It was awesome! Oh and Elder Johnson gave a talk to which was so good. It was a really great Sunday.

WE PET A RACCOON! Yep. He was nice. The names Rascal.

But anyway, this week was definitely a learning experience! It really was a good week though. This week will be a good one too, we have a couple great lessons lined up already! I'm excited to see what's in store! I love this gospel so much and i am so grateful to have it in my life and a part of my family. I am so grateful to be on a mission and I'm grateful for how much it has shaped me. The mission is hard, but it is incredible. Heavenly Father lives and loves us, Jesus is the Christ who suffered and died for us to make it possible to live with Him and His Father again. Families are forever.

Amen!

Have a great week! I love you all! Share the gospel!

-Elder Chrys Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment