Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hello blog.......I forgot about you this week.......oops!!

     Well I got a little busy and I forgot about the blog. So here I am rushing to blog it out!! This week was a blur. I would have to look at the calendar to see what happened. I was worried about the Elder having his money taken, the dog getting her hair cut. She gets nervous and she is really old. I want her to make it to March. I was keeping James going with his grades and Chet with his work. Trying to get my meds to let me sleep, well kind of sleep. I felt like my mind didn't turn off. Then it hit me, I didn't blog. GAH!! So here it is. I will let the Elder entertain you. He is so much better at it then I am!!!


Dear family,


There is no way Caleb is 7!?! Whaat that's crazy. Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're getting to be an old man! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh man a bunch of hooligans egged the house! Bummer! That's too bad. I'm glad all is well though. With that many eggs I would have scooped em up and made some scrambled eggs! Yum! :/ 


Well i don't have a whole lot of time today, so sorry if this weeks letter is a little jumbled up.

This past week has been a pretty full week! Full of a lot of tracting! Which isn't so bad. I think Elder Johnson is my first companion that actually likes to go knock doors! He's sweet! Knocking on stranger's doors isn't a very fun thing to do but the results are so worth it! We went to 225 a member in Greensburg on Tuesday and actually ended up tracting out most of the neighborhood. It was kind of like a...well....let's do one more. Ehhh one more house. Over and over until we found Thelma! She is a 95 yr old, full time working lady! She is just so cool. Her Daughter was there and apparently had been taught before, and Thelma was feeling pretty sick so we offered a blessing and she told us to come right in! We taught her The Restoration and she says she reads the bible all the time and would love to read the Book of Mormon! We finished up with inviting her to be baptized which they accepted if they knew the Book of Mormon was true. It was sweet! We will be going back this week to follow up with her. I love being a missionary!

A small funny-not so funny thing happened this week. Someone got my missionary funds card number and spent like $30-40 of my grocery money! What! I guess the joke will be on him at the last day. Stealing money from a missionary! Ha ha. The office lady said this is only the 2nd time she's ever seen this happen. So there goes just about 2 weeks of food. Yaaaaay. But I'm still laughing about it! I'll be getting a new card in a few weeks.

Terry is doing SO good! We've been having dinner with him with other members and meeting with him weekly. Saturday we watched "Finding Faith in Christ", which is a great little movie. The spirit was there big time and afterwards he just sat there and said that before he wanted to have his grandmother's name taken to the temple for her work to be done, but now he wants to get there and baptize her himself! It was a way sweet experience. On Sunday the Louisville KY temple president and his wife came and spoke in sacrament about temples and afterwards Terry was feeling so pumped up to get his life in order so he can go! He met with Bishop Watkins yesterday too to get going. Terry is so awesome. It makes me happy to see him put his sights on the temple!

I was able to interview an awesome awesome young man for baptism on Friday night. It was amazing, and such a faith building experience that there are people out there looking for the truth. His mom is completely against it and he was on the edge of not doing it just because of her, but we sat down with the other missionaries and his cousin who is a member and had a great talk about it. After that we sat down and had a great interview where he basically taught me the gospel! His testimony is so strong. I just love these people. I am so grateful I was able to have that opportunity. He's planning on being baptized in 2 weeks and we're all way excited for him!

Well that's about it for the week! It was a good one! But then again, isn't every week a good week? Next week is going to be an extra good one! We get to go to The Crew professional soccer game! They're having a "Mormon Night" and all the missionaries will be on the field for the pre-game in front of 25,000 people :D Yayuhh! 

The Chruch is absolutely positively true. No doubt. I've been reading the new testament and I just love Jesus. I want to be like him. I am so grateful for the Atonement, He went through so much for us. man. I love him so much.

Thank you for everything you do for me. You all mean so much to me. I love you!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment