Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Colors Call to Me...........


     I love driving up this road. Not only does it have all the beautiful colors of fall that just sing to me, it has a peaceful spot that we love. This is the road to Squaw Peak. On the other side of the Peak is where we buried our Hanky. It's one of our peaceful spots. It's been 8 years and we miss him, but it's ok knowing we have a sweet place to go. I just love this time of year!! So the fun things we did this past week are- feeding the Missionaries, making a new friend, parent/teacher conferences (not that fun) and cleaning the church for the Temple dedication tomorrow. I am so excited about that!! I love Temple dedications!! Then after we get to have dinner with my parents!! A win win Sunday!! I hope everyone's week was good and this next one is awesome!!! Go see some beautiful leaves!!!! Stop and take in nature!!! I am so grateful for what God has given us!!!!



Dear family,


Sounds like a good week there! It's always good to have the missionaries over for dinner! And way to be mom and dad! Helping out the missionaries like that, they need it!! And i love the pictures, i'm sure their moms loved seeing them in a tree ha ha.


Wow what a crazy week. Sunday was amazing. We had some great lessons through the week and committed a few people to come to church, and a whole family did! We had been trying really hard to get Annett and Robert to church for a while now, but they would never commit. We kind of figured it was out of fear. The sister is a member and her fiance is not. She hasn't been to church in a long time and Sunday was his first time. So we had a great lesson on the restoration and the Sabbath and committed them to church, then scheduled breakfast Sunday morning to make sure they would make it! It went so well. It was kind of a crazy morning, but they did make it! Usually their kids are so crazy but on Sunday they were so quiet and perfect, and actually loved it so much! They weren't planning on staying for primary but the kids wanted to so bad that they did. Oh and did i mention that it was the first time in about 7 months an investigator has come to church here?! Yeah it's awesome. They're coming again this week!

We had a lesson on Monday that was so good. CV and Emily! The ones that snagged the Book of Mormon at that dinner at bishop's house I think a little over a month ago. Our meal coordinator set up dinner with and we had a couple members come with too. We taught the plan of salvation, which the spirit definitely confirmed! And then we invited them to baptism on October 13th. They accepted! Actually, Emily said, "That's what I'm working for! I want my Atonement!" How awesome is that? She said that a few times ha ha. They will be at church Sunday too and she will actually be bringing all her older kids! So that will be great! Man it was an awesome experience!

On Monday night we started a mission wide fast, and did it on a conference call with all the missionaries and President Nilsen. It was awesome. We all fasted for various things but most of all fasted that we could find people to bring to baptism! The mission right now has upped in baptisms 40% and we're raising our goals monthly. It's so cool to be a part of! So yesterday we all fasted and man it was a good one. Of course they all are :) but we went looking up some former investigators yesterday and came across two people sitting on a bench next to the sidewalk, one of them actually is a former that we didn't know about! She told us about how wonderful the church is and how she was just thinking the other day of going back but didn't know where. So we invited and she accepted and she will be picked up Sunday for church! Man the Lord is blessing us. I love it. That will make at least 4 investigators at church!!

I gotta go now! Sorry it's kind of a short letter but we gotta get headed to the game! Yes be looking out for us because we will be on TV ;) ha ha we're all so stoked! Oh and if you didn't already notice, today is an all day p-day!! Woo! Ok i gotta go. I LOVE this area so much. These members are amazing and they have become family to me. I love them all so much. Our investigators are all so amazing too. We are truly finding the elect and prepared! The Lord is in this work and it will go on until Christ says it is done. As Elder Holland says, WE ARE NOT RUNNING. We will go forth! I love Jesus Christ so much. I love this gospel. I love eternal families! I love the Book of Mormon. I love the spirit that tells me it is true, and I love that Heavenly Father will reveal this same spirit to all truth seekers.


I love you all so much! You mean so much to me! Have a great and safe week!


-Elder Chrys Robinson





No comments:

Post a Comment