Saturday, September 8, 2012

Our Loyal Lucky..............



     It was a normal morning. I was sleeping because I had to be at work by 8 am. I heard our dog Gidget making a lot of noise. I knew the time had come. So I sat with her for 2 hours waiting for puppies. It was 2 am at this time. By 4 am little Lucky entered the world. When her Mom had her all cleaned up I held her in my hands and gave her a little kiss on her sweet little nose. She was so tiny and helpless. Her Mom was still in labor, but doing good. I went to bed for a quick nap and when I awoke we had Hanky and Spot. Spot had a clef pallet and had to be put to sleep when he was only 1  1/2 days old. Hanky was hit by a car when he was 9. That was 8 years ago. Such a hard time for our family. So here we are 17 years later and Lucky is still here with her sweet ways. She loves us conditionally. She truly is our families best friend. I found this picture on my camera that James took of her sleeping on his stuffed wolf. I thought it was so cute!! She will have a face soon when we get her groomed!! There are eyes in there!! Big brown blind eyes!! Yes, I love my Lucky!!!!!



Dear family,




Happy Birthday Grandpa Nunley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Happy Birthday Lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man she is old!!!!!! I love you!!!

Oh man i just gotta say, that story of Brother Bliss and his dad is amazing. Wow i loved that. Thank you for sharing!! I also love all the mission calls...especially Travis' call! The Great Ohio! It's the greatest mission in the world. But I'm sure he already knows that.



What a crazy week! The work is great. I love this area. And yes, the rumors are true, i'm training Elder Johnson! And yes he is from Lehi. He actually knows everyone i know in Lehi ha ha. Last week was insane with transfer calls. We were expecting just Elder Culler to leave because he had been in that area for 9 months, but instead both of them had to leave! And actually we got a call right after i got my call that Elder Laird was going to Lawrenceburg ha ha! So he is like 20 minutes away and still in the district! Exchanges will be sweet. Oh and actually they are already having a baptism this week! Woo! So Tuesday and Wednwesday was running back and forth between Lawrenceburg and here to get both Elders packed and to find them rides and everything. Boy that was fun. On Thursday i had to wake up at 5 again though so i could be at the trainers meeting, which was the best just so you know. It turns out that Elder Riggs is training again so we got to hang out all morning!! Oh man that was awesome. I love that missionary. On the way home out of Columbus our car started to break down. That stunk! So instead of taking 2 hours to get home it took us almost 5. We had to go straight to Batesville because if we stopped the car would die, so we got dropped off there then the member snagged bishops truck and drove us back up to Lawrencburg because our car was up there and then we had to drive out to Greensburg for our dinner appointment which was an extra 20 minute drive. I am so sick of sitting in a car. Man. But after that things were ok. ha ha. It was a crazy couple of days!

Saturday was so sweet! We had plans to contact a bunch of referrals we had gotten and literally nothing went right. Including almost running out of gas in the middle of nowhere. BUT the night finished off so good. We ended up not taking dinner because we had not contacted anyone and driving out to Osgood for a referral, who let us right in! Elmer and Lois. They are sweet! They knew exactly who we were and what we had to share. Their daughter is a member in Kentucky and is actually who referred them to us. We whipped out the Book of Mormon and my mind was blown with how much they loved it! They were diggin it! Lois said something like, I'll really have to pray about this while I'm reading...but wait it's not the bible...but it is like the bible right? Then why not pray about it! Yeah I'm going to pray and read it! Ha ha it was sweet. They also want us to teach their 84 yr old preacher! Woo!

Well I'm out of time. I love you all so much! The work here is great. I love being a missionary so much. We are inviting CV and Emily to baptism tonight! It's going to be sweet! The Church is true. The Book of Mormon is true. Jesus does live and love us!

Have a great week!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment