Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New challenges.........

     Well I guess they didn't want to wait for the 5 year mark in October for nursery. Sunday I got called to be the Young Women's Secretary. I have never been in YW's. It will be a great and new challenge! I am excited, nervous and very humbled by this calling. There are 45 beautiful girls in there. There will be newsletters, rolls, birthdays and camp. I am still doing nursery on Sunday till they find someone, so I get to ease into this. But I am really going Wow! I have painters that I have gotten mad at in my house. Thank you landlord for not listening and keeping them in the basement. I have now locked all doors and windows so they have to work outside!! It's warm out, they can handle it! I am grateful for all the challenges this week. They have kept me on my toes and also tired me out! But that is what life is all about!!! New challenges........     :]



Dear Family,

Well this week was pretty great. It was different, but really good! We did a ton of service! Man, everyone is moving! Ha ha there's like 5 families moving here. I love helping out though. So remember the Bible bashing people we found the other week? Well we had an awesome lesson with the husband on tuesday! It was the complete opposite than the lesson before! He just basically wanted us back to Bible bash but when we got in there for the second time we gave him our purpose and that we are there to teach. Not bash. It was pretty cool though, it set the tone for the whole lesson. We taught for about an hour and it went so well, but we didn't even get through the first lesson! He's the type of guy that wants all the details and that's what we gave him. He knew a lot about the church but still had it all wrong. He said he was "shocked". In a good way. Ha ha. It was cool.

So i may or may not send pictures of this...we'll see how i feel after. But in district meeting for a readiness activity, i dressed up like a baby. Binky and all. I applied it to helping our investigators(babies) to understand the need of the Book of Mormon, and how to use it. Hey, it worked! Whatever it takes to get it done right? Ha ha.

This last week i went on exchanges with the Fairborn elders. It was awesome! I just love getting out and about and learning from other elders. It's so fun. These missionaries are awesome. While on exchanges, Elder Lamm and Birch had a sweet lesson with Donna and her son Brandon. The bishop came along and everything. Brandon is now all for baptism and is excited for it! We're just waiting on Donna. She is praying for May 26th for her and her son to be baptized. I love those two.

Ok so a really cool thing happened yesterday. At church we were doing our normal thing and helping out in a primary class when a member came in to tell us a guy came in and was looking for us. She asked him if he was visiting and he said "well kind of". Clear indication that either he's less-active or a non-member. He said," is this the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints?" She said yes. He said, "ok. This is where i need to be." After that is when she grabbed us. So we walked in to priesthood and sat and asked his name and if we could talk in the lobby. The first thing he said when we sat down was," Ok, do you have the authority to baptize?" We said yes. Then he said, "Well i'll get right to it, i want to be baptized."   ......Mind=BLOWN. Ha ha. He had been taught 8 years ago and and the only thing keeping him from being baptized was that he smoked and drank coffee but now he doesn't. He had been wanting to go to church but week after week he kept putting it off until a few days ago his sister died and said alright, this is the week. So we taught him the first lesson right there with little 10 yr old Sam McMurray who spoke up and bore testimony on prayer and taught him how to pray. It was one of the most powerful moments of my mission. Amazing. So we're going to be meeting with him as much as possible this week and the bishop said to baptize him as soon as possible. SO it may be this saturday or the next. Woo! The Lord is in this work. He is so prepared and ready to be baptized. I am so blessed to be a part of this work and to be given these opportunities. Wow. I love it.

So i said this week was different, and it was for obvious reasons. But it's different because we found 6 people last week but we're only teaching 2 of them right now. And this week we found only 2 people, but i feel like we found more because they are ready to be baptized. It's crazy how each week differs on a mission. Some weeks you'll find a bunch of people to teach and have none left after the first lesson. And others you'll find 1 person and that's the person you really needed to find. I'm learning more than i ever have. I'm seeing more success from my efforts than ever before, but it's also been harder than ever before. But that just proves that hard is good(President Nilsen's motto). Hard is when we are being molded into the person we need to be. It's when we learn and grow the most. And i am so grateful that the mission isn't easy. I am grateful that my Heavenly Father has given me this opportunity to be here and be a part of this work. I can honestly say that this last year has been the greatest year of my life. And i look forward to another year! I love my Savior. I know with out a doubt, that this is his true church and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. We should each remember that we are representing His church, whether we have a tag or not. We have the fulness of the gospel. We have the light and the only thing that can save this world. Let's share it and love others into His church!


Have a great week!! I love you all!! Ohio is cold and damp. But is wonderful!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment