Saturday, April 21, 2012

Got a little distracted again........

     I was helping with the cleaning of the garage and went oops!! So here I am taking a minute to put the Elder's letter on here. Sorry it's been 2 weeks in a row without my words of wisdom ha ha! But it is the last day for the city dumpsters and I have Chet and James helping today. So hopefully I will write more next week. Have a great week everyone!!   :]


 Dear Family,
 
So, this past week was a rather interesting one. SO much happened i can't remember it all ha ha. On Monday for p-day we went to a park with Conrad and played softball and baseball. Probably the best part was when i hit the ball while Elder Lamm was pitching and it went right back at him and hit him. Ohh that was fun. I'm starting to notice a pattern when it comes to sports on my mission..i play so much better on my mission than i ever did at home. I don't get it! I hope it lasts!

On Tuesday we found a sweet family! The mom isn't so committed...but the kids are so solid. We only got through half of the first lesson because they were asking so many questions and participating so well. It was great. But before we taught, the mom said," I ain't gonna lie to y'all, i'm lesbian, i've done dope and dealt dope, i've been shot and stabbed, and these aren't even my kids." To say the least i was pretty speechless. We both kinda blanked out for a bit ha ha thankfully Elder Lamm knows missionary work better than i do and he broke the silence perfectly and the lesson moved on and was great. Then later that night we found another family who was referred to us by some members. They let us right in which was surprising and we started out just fine but the husband came in and his intentions were completely set on proving us wrong. It was crazy. I'm not a very bible bashing missionary, in fact i do my best not to! But lately i've had more people want to than any other time of my mission. It's kind of annoying. But it does give me opportunities to bare my testimony just a little bit more boldly. Being a missionary is crazy. You never know what to expect.

On Friday we were headed to an appointment with Clarissa down in Spring Valley, which is the bottom of our area, when we felt like we needed to go see Alex, so we did and his fiance was there but not him. It turns out he had a major porpherea (not sure how you spell that) attack and was in the hospital. After that we got in the car and prayed if we should go see him and the answer was yes, and now. So we went and he was awake and was definitely in need. He has been through so much. It was hard seeing him like that again. Hurting both physically and spiritually. So we taught him a little bit, gave him some conference talks to read and then gave him a blessing. He seemed a lot happier after we left. I am so grateful that the spirit prompted us to go see him. We had no idea he was in the hospital, but Heavenly Father knew. And he knew that Alex needed help. The spirit is so wonderful. Later that night we got a referral for a man in the county jail. So we were also able to go to the jail and teach him! His name is Brandon. His mom is a member and his girlfriend is being baptized next week. It was a pretty cool experience! When i was called to be a missionary, i never thought i would teach anyone in jail. But man it's just too cool!

We also were able to go to Linda's and tare down her deck and burn a bunch of stuff! That was fun! I don't have time to explain all the things we burned but i can send pictures ha ha. It was crazy awesome! Except for the nail in my foot. Ouch.

Alright well i gotta get goin. I love you all! Add yes transfers are next week. Crazy how fast that went by! AH! Have a great week!!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment