Saturday, April 14, 2012

I almost forgot to blog.........

     Well I guess it's better late than never. I'm just going to let the Elder talk today........Enjoy!!   :]


Dear Family,


So this past week has been pretty great. It was a bit slower for our area because of exchanges. I went to Fairborn for just about 2 days because one of the elders there was so sick and they had a bunch of appointments, then the next day they had the booth set up at Wright State University and they wanted someone who had done it before to be with the other Elder so i stayed a little longer that day. That was SO fun! They have a booth with basically a big picture of Jesus on the table and a couple of Books of Mormon too. And you sit and say hi to people and hey wanna hear about Jesus? stuff like that. It's goofy. I did it before and it went well but this time we texted all the members that we knew that were at school and had them come see us and bring friends, which they did! And when they got there even more people came ha ha! I brought my Ukulele too and played while one of the member girls there sang. Oh man it was so fun.

Speaking of the Ukulele, for some reason everyone has asked me to sing for them. It's so funny. I would carry it around and play whatever and no one would ask me to play for them until now. I love it. I'm no singer, but I'm getting a lot better with the uke. Plus hymns are so perfect to play on it believe it or not. So I've sang for like 15 people this past week. Not including the booth ha ha. It's awesome! Any way to get the work done right?

We had an awesome training from the zone leaders this past week. President Nilsen has been trying to figure out really the one thing that has been holding back the mission from being more successful and has discovered that it is P-days. P-days for the past 2 years has pretty much become a play-day and not a preparation-day. I never really thought about it but when it was brought up, the spirit instantly confirmed that this was the problem! So we're now being strictly obedient to the white handbook when it comes to P-days. I love when president brings out the whip! Ha ha it brings so many blessings when we listen to him. This week is going to rock.

This week we found a great girl named Clarrissa. We tracted a trailer park and found her and sat outside and taught her, she is super cool! She's never been religious and doesn't know much about the Bible or really anything. It's cool starting from scratch and teaching the basics. The gospel is so simple and so beautiful and easy to teach. So easy to understand and it brings so many blessings into our lives. It's amazing. Oh and we found a lady named Barbara! She had been taught before about a year ago and we decided to contact her and see what was up. She let us right in and told us she knew she needs to be baptized and needs to do it soon. What a great thing to hear! Ha ha i was pretty much blown away. She came to church on Sunday and really enjoyed it! We are going to set up a dinner with her neighbors who are members and we're going to begin teaching her. I love how the Lord just guides us! All we have to do is be obedient and do what he asks! It takes hard work but it is so worth it.

Well, I'm glad to hear you Easter went well! Mine went along just fine! We got more candy than i think i got on Christmas. Oh my goodness. What a rough life. Ha ha. I love the Savior. I am so grateful for Him. I love knowing that he lives. I love declaring and sharing my testimony of that truth. I love the spirit, and how when we listen to it, we find those that need us. I love the Book of Mormon. I will read it forever. With all of my heart i know it is true. More than ever in any time of my life do i want to share this book with others! Being a missionary is an amazing thing that changes your life. Man, i am so grateful for such a privilege.

I love you all! Thank you so much for all the support you give me! Have a great week!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment