Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter time is upon us......

     Easter time is here!! When I was little it was about the dress and the basket. You go to church and have a great lesson all dressed up then go home to all the goodies. Now I don't really put a lot into the Easter baskets. I make them have a few fun things in them with some goodies. But what I love is the Easter lesson in the nursery lesson, http://www.lds.org/manual/behold-your-little-ones-nursery-manual/lesson-29-jesus-christ-was-resurrected?lang=eng. I have been teaching it for 41/2 years now and I still love it. I cut out the figures and put them in a folder that I staple the sides of. Then I write on the top "My Easter Story". I write their name on it, they are so excited to take them home and show them to their families. It's a simple and sweet way of telling the story. I love the Nursery manual. I hope this Easter you get to spend time with your families and know that you are truly loved!! Happy Easter!!


 Dear Family!


Goodness! So much great news coming from home! How amazing! Sinaih! Married?! That's amazing! And Jacob is home!!! Woo! Return with Honor! Once a missionary always a missionary!

On the busy Wednesday morning we taught at a retirement home! It was great! We taught about 30 older people about the Atonement. It was so fun. We ate breakfast first, which was interesting. While standing in line there was a pretty bad smell coming from somewhere and i thought it was just the person in front of me. So i went along and got my food and went to my seat. But i still smelled that awful smell! I quickly realized that the smell, had turned into a taste as i took a bite of a biscuit smothered in gravy. It was the gravy! It smelled and tasted like grounded up death. But, i carried on and finished it anyway. All in all it was still a great experience getting up in front of all these strangers declaring the truth of the Savior, that HE LIVES.

Conference! Wow! How amazing! There was too much to take in though ha ha i'm going to print all of them out and study them through the months. Conference is like Christmas for missionaries, well it should be for everyone but for missionaries it's the greatest. For some reason, members also LOVE to feed missionaries LOTS and LOTS of food during conference. Holy moly. I must have gained 20 lbs! So much fooood. But it was fun. Donna came to the Saturday Morning Session! It was great! She enjoyed it a lot and said," It gives you so much to think about, and i love that choir!" It was a great experience for everyone. Then afterwards there's a family here, the Terry's, that take the missionaries to Golden Corral for conference. So Donna came with! She is a wonderful lady and we all had a lot of fun. I love the Terry's.

We went on a few exchanges with other missionaries this week. That is probably the most fun part of being a District Leader. You get to go on exchanges with your leaders more often and the other missionaries in your district weekly. I love it! It's a great learning experience and a great way to get to know the other missionaries. I am learning so much.

The ward is doing great! This Sunday is "invite a non-member to church day". So far we are planning on having the church full! It is going so great. We are receiving more referrals from members than i have ever had, which is amazing. More referrals=more baptisms. It's a fact! We are really working on helping this ward become a missionary ward. It's coming along!


Alright well time has run out! I've got to get goin!! I love you all! The church is true!!!! I love it out here. Have a great week! Share the gospel with someone!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment