Friday, March 30, 2012

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood......

     It's a beautiful day today!! Spring has sprung! The birds are happy! It's conference time! I hope everyone has a great weekend and really enjoys it before the cold weather gets here on Sunday. But it does that every time we have conference. It's Utah. Have a happy week!!


Dear Family,


I do know Elder Smith! I don't know Elder Alger though. Athens was in my last zone, never been there but i know where it is. It's a good area. I think Elder Lamm came out with Elder Smith, so he might know something. I'll see what we can do! Oh man lucky is old! Ha ha just hearing about her makes me laugh. I love her! Do you think she will make it another year? It's funny, i was talking with someone the other day and she mentioned something about packing in a few months to move, then i mentioned how we had a month ha ha. She thinks we're crazy now ;) Yes, BUCKEYES ROCK! Mmmm talk about sugar rush!


Ok so not a whole lot of time today. This week has been a pretty great one! The weather has been crazy! It was up until Friday then it was all stormy and now it's in the 40's. On Friday though it was a tornado watch for Xenia while we were out at a young men's thing. It was headed for Xenia but turned and headed right for where we were, so you can imagine how crazy it was being there. We had like 15 minutes before it was supposed to hit so we ate as fast as we could and got out of there! Ha ha that was probably the most rain I've seen for a long time. It got real windy too. But it never touched down. Thank goodness. I always told myself that i wanted to see a tornado while I'm here in Ohio, but in the moment i didn't. At least i didn't want to be in it. But all in all it was fun!

We are teaching Karrisa now! She was at FHE at the Ridges on Monday. She is awesome! It's nice having a investigator live with members because it makes it a lot easier for them to keep their commitments ha ha. We taught her the 1st lesson and extended a baptism invite and she accepted! It was great for all of us. It's pretty fun teaching her though because she doesn't know a whole lot about religion so he has some great questions. I just love teaching. A teaching missionary is a happy missionary. And that's the truth!

We are serving the ward members here a lot! One of them was quite a miracle. We prayed for our planning the night before to which member we needed to serve in the morning and the 2nd counselor's family's name came up. So the next morning we showed up and Sister Jacobson opened the door in tears and asked for a blessing. She said she had just gotten off her knees asking for help and then the doorbell rang and it was us! Then we did a bunch of yard work that they needed done and then we went on our way. She got up Sunday and bore testimony and shared the experience over the pulpit, as well as sharing it with any one she can talk to. It was a miracle. We had people coming and thanking us for being there for the family and after all the service we have done, we are getting a lot of referrals. We did it so we could help the work, but not just that, because we love these people. It's been amazing! The ward is building so much!

This past week i have been thinking and studying a lot about the Atonement. Oh my gosh. I love Jesus Christ. After really putting it in perspective and realizing really what it means to me and my family and to the people i teach, i just love him. I am SO grateful for his sacrifice. I have studied it before and felt that i understood it, but i'm now trying to connect it with everything i do. Everything i study and teach. It has made everything so much better. I love Him.

Well, looking forward to a great week! We get to teach a whole bunch of old people this week! Woo! It's called a prayer breakfast. A member set it up and basically we have breakfast then teach on Jesus Christ and stuff to like 20 old people. It's going to be awesome! Have a great week! I love you all!! Again sorry for the short letter but i gotta go!

The Church is True!

-Elder Robinson

OH and i got pooped on by a puppy for my year mark! How great is that?! Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment