Friday, March 9, 2012

We Added One More..........




     Yes, we survived the craziness that weddings bring! We still have a few things to take back to friends, but other than that I just need a nap! We are very grateful for the help from family and our ward family! We then had so much fun with just sitting around giggling! I suggest that everyone do it! Family is so important and being together is great! Even Elder Robinson was excited for this wedding! It was a little weird not having him here, but I am so grateful for his service I wouldn't want him anywhere else!! I am now looking forward to Chet's birthday next week!! Bring on more celebrating!!!  


Dear now bigger family,



WELCOME TO THE FAMILY ASHLEE!!!!!!!! If you haven't realized it now, then i should probably tell you, you are a part of one strange family. We're all weirdos! But we all love you and are so glad to have you a part of the family :) CONGRATS!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIV!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! The big 11!!

Wow what a week. I was talking to everyone how my brother was getting married ha ha. How exciting! The start of a great life! It sounds like it was just one big party ha ha sheesh. How awesome. Tell Jamesy that i love him. He's a goober. I've been using that word a lot. Goober.


Alright, so on to the week! Yes, Elder Bednar visited! And Elder Murray of the 70! Wow i haven't quite experienced anything like that. We had to all drive up to New Albany, which is up in Columbus. It was about a 2 hour drive for us. But for the Elders and Sisters down in Kentucky it was a lot longer. It was a nice drive though. We went the back way to save miles and it was great. Got to drive back through downtown Columbus! It was nice to see a familiar place. When we got there we had about 30 minutes until he arrived so we all sat in the chapel reading scriptures and things just kinda waiting....for a living apostle...ha ha. Talk about excitement and butterflies. When he walked in we all stood in silence and wow....he looks older in person. Ha ha. But the spirit was very strong. It was so great. For 3 hours he brought a definite fire! His perfect knowledge is incredible. We all learned so much. It was basically a Q&A with him. A living Apostle. So you can imagine the type of questions that were asked and the answers that were given. AMAZING. It was such a spiritual confirming experience. I know that God lives and that His Son lives and works through his prophets. Oh and no picture :( but that's ok. He said at the end, " I would now like all of you to come shake our hands so we can look into your eyes." Ha ha so i was able to shake both their hands and look into their eyes :) Yeauh!!

This past week has been so faith centered. I don't think i have had a week where I have grown so much! Elder Bednar with the talks he gave us to study and the things that were said in the meeting has helped me so much. I've been trying so hard to just do things. Well mostly, the hard things. That's kind of President Nilsen's motto, "Do the hard things." My experience on this has been, the more i do the hard things, the stronger my faith becomes. It's been so cool. I have been put in so many situations not knowing what to do or say, but just opening my mouth and doing what i know i need to do and what i know is right, has been amazing. My mouth has been filled. I open it and words come out and they always end up being the right things! Even if i don't know what i said. Ha ha. And focusing on what needs to happen and then taking those steps, no matter what they are, to make it happen, has made so many situations work out. It all works out when you just trust in him and do what is right. Have faith that he knows what you are feeling and he isn't requiring that you do this alone, so he will help these things work. It is absolute truth. So, my motto has been, JUST DO IT! Ha ha. Which is also a sticker i have on the back of my missionary tag.

Alex finally made it to church! Because of his health he hasn't been able to make it, but yesterday he came! It was so fun. And stressful ha ha. It's always stressful having an investigator at church. He actually during the sacrament, got up and bore his testimony!!!! How awesome is that! He walks with a cane right now, and was a little nervous, so he asked for me to walk up with him. It was awesome! Alex just rocks. He is so solid. He is just one big miracle ha ha. Seriously though it is a complete miracle that he is here. It was good to see him at the pulpit :)

Well, i've got to get going now. But i am doing great out here. The weather is nuts! 70 one day, and freezing wind and tornados on others ha ha. We're great though. Just a lot of rain and some very strong winds ha ha. It's been fun. I love you all!!! What love the mission brings out of ya ha ha. Wow i love my family. I know the gospel is true! I know that Jesus Christ lives! Keep reading the scriptures! I just finished reading the Book of Mormon! Woo! I love it! Share the gospel with some one this week. It is the BEST.

I love you!

-Elder Robinson





No comments:

Post a Comment