Thursday, March 22, 2012

A year changes things........

       A year changes things a little at a time. You don't see the changes all at once till you look at yourself in the mirror. A year ago I was really unhealthy. I am so much better now, not where I want to be, but so much better!! James was shorter than me last year. Well lets just say he looks down at me now. He likes that he is taller! The grandkids are all getting older and really silly!! I love calling them on their birthdays and singing. We so can't sing and they know it, but we laugh together! The Elder has made it his first year and so have we. The big thing is the stuff in his room is still safe. Lets hope it stays that way ha ha!! So here's to another good year! But I'm hoping for another good day, week, month............     :]


Dear family,


I don't have a whole lot of time today. We are in Yellow springs (a.k.a. hippieville). Ohio is  crazy i love it. It's great to hear all that is going on at home! Man, busy busy! Glad to hear Dad's birthday went well with all the family there. So glad to hear Nate & Ashlee are doing well! I goth a letter from them just the other day. :) Woo you signed up for Ohio! Ok....make Buckeyes. You have to! It's the signature chocolate peanutbutter candy of Ohio. Look it up on google or something. They are real easy to make and SO good!


Ok so, it has been a crazy awesome week! First off, LINDA IS MARRIED!!! Brother Johnson and Linda were married at 1 on Saturday. It's not very often you get to baptize someone then see them get married! Usually it's they have to get married to get baptized! It was the other way around for her! Ha ha! It was amazing though. I couldn't help but smile all the day long. And i will never forget the date because it's the same as Dad's birthday! Oh man. It was such a great day. They loved the picture too and they say thank you!!

This past week we found a lady named Donna. Oh man let me tell you. We love Donna! We went driving and we didn't know where, but were driving, and Elder Lamm decided to head a certain way that we don't ever go. We actually ended up at the bishop's house, and they were in need! We were able to talk with them for a little and get some referrals and give the bishop a blessing. We then knocked their street and found Donna who said we could come back tomorrow. So after the wedding we called and she said that we could come by for 10 minutes and talk, well, we ended up staying for about 40 minutes. We started just talking about church and all sorts and then about Heavenly Father, and how much he loved her. In the middle of this she started crying! That room was full of the spirit! We asked her to describe what she was feeling and she said "full, overwhelming". It was wonderful. We talked more about it and she was feeling the spirit big time. We're going back soon to teach her again. I love being a missionary!

Transfers have come and gone. I made sure i didn't tell Carson this so i could tell you ha ha but i have been called to be a District Leader. Now Mom, don't get too excited it's not that great ha ha. I apparently am now the oldest in the district. Whahh? I'm still young!! But i did pray to learn as much as i can this next transfer. And this is what i got ha ha. Things are great though. All it is is an opportunity to serve more! I'm so excited!

Alright well i am out of time. Sorry for the short letter this week! All is well! I am loving being out here. Being a missionary is so amazing. Tiring, especially when the people below you are arguing into all hours of the night. Ha ha. Geez. But it is so fulfilling. It truly is the best 2 years. No doubt. I love it.

I love you so much my dear family! Have a wonderful week! Share the gospel with someone!!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment