Friday, May 4, 2012

Taking care of the Lucky.......

     This week I was thinking about how life has changed with Lucky. We had her all checked out and know what to do for her health. She is old, but she still thinks shes a puppy sometimes. She can only see light and dark. She is using her nose a lot more now. I sometimes laugh when we go to the park and she thinks shes lost. She will walk up to a basketball pole thinking it's a person, smell, then walk away when we are standing right by her. I made a video of her and how far she can see. If you get too far away she will slow down, then find you with her tail wagging with happiness! I didn't think I would be taking care of a blind dog. We just moved and are now showing her how to get around the new place. We have to go outside with her every time! She wants to walk off walls and can't see cement stairs or curbs. But she loves to run in the grass, drop, then roll!! She is so happy!! She loves being so close to the mountain and getting to explore. She wanted to go outside the other night. I asked her if she was done, she just laid down on the grass to let me know she didn't want to go in. So I took a minute to sit on the porch swing and enjoy the evening with Chet. Yes, we are Lucky's care givers in many more ways now and I am grateful for this role in my life!! I love my Lucky dog!!!   <3



Dear Family,

I'm Staying in Xenia! I realize that Carson already told you. But that's for everyone else. Ha. Man am i glad to be here. I love This area.


A part of the reason why i am so happy i stayed is because this past week. It was the craziest week of my life! The whole month has been weird, but this just topped it off! Ok, so remember John Patterson from last week? The guy that little Sam McMurray taught about prayer? Well.....HE'S BAPTIZED!!! Yep! From that day on we met with him twice a day and taught him all the lessons in 5 days. He investigated a little over 8 years ago and knows seriously everything. It was more of a review really. His two sons were baptized in 2004 so he had been to church quite a bit with them when he was investigating, so we talked with the bishop and he said it was a go! I didn't think putting a baptism together in a week would be so crazy ha ha. I've never been on the phone so much! But it turned out great. He was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. It was a miracle. And we seriously had nothing to do with it ha ha. He just basically fell into our hands. I am so grateful i was part of the companionship that taught him. What a blessing. Now we are just trying to get him fully into the ward. The whole baptism frenzy last week really got the ward excited. People i haven't met in this giant ward are coming out and giving support! It's great! And now we are going to start a 40 day fast in the ward and finish off with a "Invitation Sunday". It's the same thing we did in Pickerington which started Mary and Margaret Dula's investigating and baptisms into the church. So we're excited!

Well, i really don't have too much to say in this email because...that's basically all we did ha ha. All our time was focused on John. So i guess i can close it up with my testimony. I've been reading a lot of talks and devotionals by various Apostles and Prophets, and i came across "Missionary Work and The Atonement" by Jeffrey R. Holland. Of course, my favorite speaker :) And it changed a lot of how i view things. As missionaries we focus our efforts and teaching on Jesus Christ. But we also put a lot of emphasis on The Book of Mormon. Just because that is mostly what sets us a part from the world. In our teaching, we sometimes forget that our message really is about Jesus Christ, and not so much about the Book of Mormon. We teach the Book of Mormon, but what does the Book of Mormon teach? It teaches about Christ. So in all of this we focus on the investigator on gaining a witness of the Book of Mormon, and in all this forget that it is ALL about Jesus Christ. And the fact that the principles of the Gospel is first Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, second repentance, THEN third baptism. So we should really be focusing on them gaining that faith in Christ first and repenting, THEN gaining that witness of the Book of Mormon being baptized. It's changed things quite a bit. It's changes how i read and study the gospel and that changes the way i teach. It's been so great. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. HE IS THE CHRIST. The only way back to our Heavenly Father. I know that to be true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that this is Christ's church on the earth today. I am so grateful for this gospel. I am so grateful for the peace i have been given in times of need. I am grateful that families are not just in this life, that they can be eternal. I love being a missionary teaching about the restored gospel! It is so wonderful. I wouldn't rather be doing anything else!


I love you my family! Have a great week! Share the gospel with someone this week! It's the best. I promise.


-Elder Robinson




No comments:

Post a Comment