Saturday, May 19, 2012

Oops........I did it again.......

      Oops.......I got lost in my week and forgot to blog. Now it is so late and I am sitting here thinking ugh! So I am going to bed and letting the Elder do the talking.......    :]


Dear Family,


I LOVE hearing about all the mission calls going out!! It's so cool. The world needs them.



Well, being that i just talked to you all yesterday and told you everything already...i can still give an update for everyone else. So here goes!

We've been doing A LOT of service lately. Mornings aren't super productive so lately we've been just dropping by unexpectedly on members. Which i love because it's funny to see their faces when they open the door."Missionaries? What are you doing here in normal clothes!" we say," We're here to work! Give us something to do!" Ha ha. It's awesome. Last week while on exchanges with Fairborn we served the Stevens family. Elder Birch and I ended up digging a 5 ft deep trench and digging up some tree roots almost as big as the actual tree that was cut down. Whoowee! It was awesome. We're really trying to focus the work with the members. We did a survey a few weeks back on things like "Where do you feel the most success comes from?" and "What do you spend the majority of the time doing?" and at specialized training 2 weeks back Sister Nilsen brought in the results and told us what they were. Those two questions were the ones she went over most. The answer for the first was member work. And the answer for the second was tracting, or knocking on doors. She pointed out how even though we believe that the most success comes through members, we still spend time tracting. Why do it! Work through the members! Of course tract if you have to, but do the things that bring the most success. So needless to say, we've been doing a lot of member work. Which is rockin!

On Wednesday we had a great chapel tour and lesson with Donna, and afterward while we were about to leave, the bishop came up and said that he needed someone to talk on Sunday and if i would be able to, of course i said yes. It was actually a perfect opportunity because we had a less-active member bringing his girlfriend and friend to church that day. It went really well! It was actually the first talk I've given that I've been ok with ha ha. But anyway, after sacrament the member with his girlfriend and friend came up and told us they wanted to have us teach the first lesson! So we found a small room that got smaller as more members of the family came to sit in the lesson too ha ha. The lesson went so smoothly! Ethan and Krissy are awesome. In the lesson, we had one of the members read the first vision, and after we asked what they thought of it all and Ethan said that it answered his question that he's had since he was 8 years old of "why would God not speak today?"And how everything we have taught filled in the gaps! We didn't even really teach him doctrine yet ha ha! It was awesome. The spirit was strong. We invited them to be baptized and they both accepted. Ethan especially. We're excited to continue teaching them!! What a blessing it is to be here. I am so happy.

Well I've got to go. I love you all though! Thank you for all of the love and support you give me! I pray for each of you every day. Being out here is the best. I love Ohio. I love these people and i am so grateful that Heavenly Father has trusted me to teach his children. The Book of Mormon is true!! I know Jesus Christ lives and is the head of this church. I love being a missionary for him!

Have a great week!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment