Saturday, February 4, 2012

Not a computer person.......

     So I'm not a computer person. I probably never will be. But that's OK. I get by and get done what I need to. I am trying to figure out the new timeline on FB. So I decided to update Chrys' first and play with it before I do mine. It's nice not to mess with mine first!! I think it's pretty cool! I have been adding things to his map and travels. He has photos that I have forgotten about. It's been fun. So now I think it will be OK to do mine. I have also been going through pictures with Ashlee. She has been seeing Nate and our family from the beginning. I even found a picture taken by Chet's Grandma Rogers when we had only been dating 2 weeks. Wow!! I miss the kids when they were young!! But seeing them when they are grown up with kids of their own is fun too!! I have laughed a lot over these pictures!! I just love my family!!!!

Dear family,


Happy Birthday Tyler and Chuck!!!!!!! I have some b-day cards all ready for you! Just gotta get em sent out! I LOVE YOU!!


Well, i've got like 10 minutes so it's going to be a short one this week.

It's been crazy here in Xenia. To say the least. Elder Riggs is being transferred! Tomorrow i will be with my new companion. Elder Riggs got a call this morning telling him he's being doubled in and training a new missionary. You can imagine how hilarious i thought that was ha ha. He is such a fantastic missionary though. He's changing lives. He changed mine. We're working on basically changing how we do things here in The Ohio and it is a lot of work! President gave us orders to re do all of our area books and create i guess you can call it an ultimate area book. Part of this is doing 2-2-5 around members houses and creating teaching records for every member in the ward. Sound easy right? Our ward has over 400 members...ha ha. It's pretty awesome though. We've already seen a lot of success in all of what president is bringing into the mission. It's really exciting to see.

These past few weeks have been rather hard. This sickness won't go away and it zaps my energy pretty quickly. I've been feeling like my body is falling apart ha ha i've discovered new pains in my right shin and ankle. I bent down to tie my shoe this morning in the parking lot and fell over from pain. My right ankle is still hurting from when i sprained it a month back. And amongst all this i felt i lost my motivation, like i had just hit a brick wall. No one was coming to church and everyone kept falling off date for baptism. President advised me to focus on loving them more, which i thought was crazy because i do love them already! But that same night at our dinner appointment someone shared an experience of praying for Christlike love. To be able to understand how he feels about us and why he does what he does for us. So i took that to heart and tried it. These past 2 weeks have been so different! I started praying more and trying to focus everything i have on the people i meet and teach. I go to sleep with them on my mind and i wake up with them on my mind. I really love them. I want them to come to the Savior! I find my self crying for these people in my prayers. I have been so blessed, He is so gracious and loving to me. Now it's time to really show my love and bring the blessing of Him into their lives. It's been so much better, and i have a long way to go but with him i can do better and rise up out of the old me. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that we can be perfected in Him. I know that he suffered and died for us because he loves us. And i know that we need to love others into this work. What a great week. It has definitely made me see all of this in a different way. And i like it :)

Oh and we met a guy named Sunny on the street yesterday who was so hungry he was willing to give us his iPhone. Ha ha. So we walked to the gas station and bought him some food and did not take his phone ha ha. Of course. I love being a missionary. Where else do you get to experience these things??

I love you my family!! Have a great week! I will let you know who my new companion is!!!! Crazy!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment