Saturday, February 18, 2012

I am a Happy Woman......

     Well Chet came back and I am a happy woman!! James, Nate, Ashlee, Scruffy and Lucky are here to bug me too. The house got too messy, but that can be taken care of. But I am a happy woman because my Hunny is back!! I still miss my Kids and Grandkids that aren't here. I think that's what I want my super power to be. Travel where I want when I want in a wink of an eye. That would be cool!!

Dear family,


HEYO! What be happenin?? I gotta say, i laughed pretty hard at the "where did you leave grandma?" comment ha ha ha and then i shared it with Elder Lamm. I love my goofy family. Crazy that dad is so close. I guess it could be worse, Elder Riggs' dad came through Xenia while he served here ha just here on a business trip though that happened to be through Xenia.

Wellll it's been a great week! We're definitely working hard. We found a couple of new people to teach this past week. They were some names some members gave us. It was great! Jim and Carol. They have had a pretty rough time lately, they adopted 2 kids from Russia that have fatal alcohol syndrome. They have such a strong faith in Christ though!! The first meeting we didn't really get to teach like the 1st lesson but we did get to talk a lot about Christ! Testifying of Christ is my most favorite thing to do. And that's basically all we did. It was so amazing i love it. The spirit was for sure there. Too bad they dropped us after our 2nd visit ha ha! It's alright though it was probably the nicest drop I've received. They live by some members to and they are really good friends with them. So on to the next family to teach!

Woa i just saw a guy that looked like Christian Griffin. That was weird. I about had a heart attack. How is that guy anyway?!

On Wednesday we all went to Chipotle for lunch with out Zone, so like 12 missionaries, and there was a super nice worker there that paid for all of our food!!! So after that we sang our food song. It's our version of the army of Helaman but put in a way to thank them for the food. So we sing the first verse and then the chorus and then instead of, "to bring the world his truth!" it's, "We thank you for the food!" It was so cool! 12 missionaries right there in the middle of the restaurant singing this. I will never forget it. Everyone cheered after too. It was just awesome.

We're focusing this week on weeding out our teaching pool with the people who aren't progressing. I hate when this happens. You get to teach these amazing people until they don't keep their commitments. It's sad. It's like, do this and we'll still be friends! :) but if not then we can't :( but obviously it's more than that...ha. But it stinks because you love these people and desire their success! It's a showing of faith though, we've given them that opportunity now it's time to move on and find the people who need us. Missionary work is a crazy thing, you are constantly meeting new people and having to remember so many names ha ha but you are also testifying to so many strangers that turn into friends and then brothers and sisters in the gospel. The process is unlike any other. You can't experience these things on the other side, the only time you have this opportunity to teach and testify as a set apart servant of the Lord is when you are on a mission! When you are out knocking and talking with people about their Savior! Teaching, testifying and baptizing! It is sooooo amazing! Serving a mission is the greatest thing ever...and i don't want to come home. Ha ha :)

Well, i best be off! We get a full P-day today yaaaaay! I hope your week goes so well, remember who you are! Sons and Daughters of the Almighty God! I've got the bestest family in the whole wide world! I love you all so much! Oh ya, it's Valentines day tomorrow ha haa well....Happy Valentines day!! The Church is true. The Book of Mormon is true. I love my Savior so much and i am so happy and blessed to be one of his missionaries here in Ohio! I LOVE IT!!

-Elder Robinson


No comments:

Post a Comment