Saturday, February 25, 2012

I'm running out of time........but family is coming!!!

     I am running out of time, but the family is coming!! I am so excited for those who can make it this week. It's all the little details that are going to drive me crazy!! So sorry peeps I am just going to let the Elder do the talking this week!!! Have a good one!!   :]

Dear family,


Sounds like it's been a great week, a busy one! Oh James and the girls...i got an email from him about that. Gosh he makes me laugh. I've been hearing a lot about the missionary moms thing lately, that is so cool! Yeah i know all those Elders ha ha, i sat next to Elder Roberts on the plane ride from Detroit to Columbus. He's a great elder.


So.....i don't really know what to say this week. Ha ha. It's been a pretty hard week, but it's been so great. We dropped all our investigators but Alex and Cody. Cody we only meet with every other week so really we only have one solid investigator that we are meeting with weekly. Our teaching pool is so empty. We're knocking on so many doors, which if you didn't know, isn't very effective most times. You do find people to teach sometimes, but lately we haven't found any. We're working on really building up the ward and getting them more involved. We are meeting with the bishop this week to come up with a bunch of ideas for the ward. It's almost like we had to start over. It's crazy how different each transfer is. Last transfer we had a big teaching pool, full of great people who were progressing, and this one we had to start new and find new people.

BIG news.......Linda got her patriarchal blessing!!!!! We haven't been able to talk with her about it yet but we will be calling her today. She is doing so well. Still working towards the Temple!! I love seeing people progress in the Gospel after baptism. It is so amazing.

Oh and speaking of patriarchs..we have a set of tapes of the October 1978 General Conference that i've been listening to and in the sustaining of the offices...they announced Eldred's name. I was like, wait WOA! Ha ha.

I had an atheist yell at me the other day that God is an old miserable man that doesn't care about anyone or anything. It brought tears to my eyes because i knew he is the complete opposite. It was so sad. He didn't even give us a chance to tell him who we were before he stormed off. It made me really think about the many ways Heavenly Father shows his love for us. This came to mind, He does nothing save it be for the benefit of the world. HE LOVES US. I am grateful i know this. So grateful.

More BIG news.......ELDER BEDNAR is is coming to the mission on the 3rd!!!! Holy moly, We are all so excited. It was a kind of last minute thing, he was coming for a stake conference in Cincinnati so President called and asked if he could meet with all the missionaries and offered Cafe Rio and all sorts if he did. Ha ha they said, "i can see that you're interested." ha ha. It is going to be just so awesome.

Well my family. I know this church is true. I KNOW that Heavenly Father lives and loves us. And i encourage you to step back and take a look at all the many ways he shows that love. I am so grateful to have such a loving Heavenly Father, who knows everything and is perfect in every single way, to watch over me and the ones i love. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost. I'm grateful for the feeling the spirit brings that satan cannot- Peace. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I LOVE being a missionary.

Until next week my family. Have a great week! I love you!!!!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment