Friday, January 27, 2012

Just Rambling............

     So I don't really have anything to say this week. I'm really not a blogger. I think I ramble more than anything. After the Elder gets home I think my blog will grow cobwebs. Just for your information, I don't know why it puts the white back ground on his letters. I am not a computer person either. Just so you know.......



Dear Family,


Well that doesn't sound like a boring week to me....is it ever boring in Utah? Hmm. It's just one big Mormon party how can it be boring?! Ha ha. Anyway that's good you got that leak fixed! And it's snowing there eh? It sounds like country is finally getting cold ha ha. It is here...



So this past week was...well.... just a little awesome! First off we had our first ice storm this season! It was crazy!!! Being from Utah i was like, pshhhh this winter is nothin! But once that hit my view changed a bit ha ha...It was raining outside and it was 23 degrees! I didn't even know that was possible! It was SO fun though. It rained friday night and when we woke up EVERYTHING was frozen. We went to get in our car to leave for an appointment and we spent 20 minutes scraping just the front windshield! It was really cold so we took turns scraping and while one was scraping the other was sliding around on the ice ha ha. We even made a video of it. There was a nice lady that was outside and i was like, "we're from Utah we're new!" and she felt bad for us and gave us a really nice scraper to use so we weren't out there for days. It was great. And all on video. Ha!

Funniest thing ever....A guinea pig peed on Elder Riggs at an investigators house last week. It peed his pants. HA HA HA HA! It was shedding and he was putting it's hair on me so i told him i hoped it would pee on him. And it did!! I can't put into words how funny that was.

Thank you so much for the package! It was great!! I love how whenever I run out of Nutella and Oxi Clean you always get some to me ha ha. I've never had to buy it! The family picture is great! Both of them! They're on my desk now and the picture of the temple is on the wall :) Thank you so much! I think i now have enough pens and post-it notes to last me my mission! So My birthday was pretty good! We weren't able to leave our apartment because of the ice storm so we deep cleaned our apartment and updated all our papers and maps. It was very much needed! That night some members took us out to a Mexican restaurant which is rare! There's like 2 Mexican restaurants here in all of Ohio ha ha there's no Spanish people here! And of course there's Chipotle......which i don't like at all ha ha. Cafe Rio is SOOO much better. After that we went to the Weavers for cake! They are so awesome! I love love love those people. They made me a ice cream cake that they put in the garage to keep cold....which we later found out was a bad idea ha ha. They went to surprise me with it and it had melted everywhere. I DIED laughing!!! Oh my gosh it was the best. After that we went sliding down their driveway for a bit taking pictures and videos and such. SO fun! We found out that using a wreath to slide on doesn't work...well Alexis did ha ha. Then! To finish it all off! We had an awesome lesson with Chelsea. She is so spiritual. We taught her more about the Book of Mormon and committed her to read it and to pray about it. It was cool though, we felt like we didn't need to really teach her this time, just testify and let her feel the spirit! Then commit! And we did and it rocked! It was definitely one of the best birthdays ever!

We're doing something in the mission right now called 2-2-5. It where at member's houses when we go for dinner or something, we knock on the houses 2 to the left, walk across the street and knock 5 to the right, then cross again and knock 2 to the right ending back at the member's home. It's working quite well! There was actually one experience last week that was pretty cool, we were 2-2-5 ing the Terry's home and felt like it wasn't where we needed to be, so we got in the car and prayed. We knew then that we needed to be a couple streets over to find someone there. So we went to this other street, prayed, and the 2nd house we knocked on we found Ashley! She is so cool! And she loves to pray for everyone! We were able to teach her part of the restoration and we're going back tomorrow to finish it up! Boy am i grateful for the Lord being with us leading us to her! And keeping us warm while doing this in a snow storm!

Transfers are next week! Don't know what's going to happen. Elder Riggs has been here for 9 months and since the new policy the church has put out, Elder Riggs can stay another. It'd be crazy if he does though ha ha that is so long in one area! Oh and it's his first area too! Sheesh. I will let you all know what happens!

It was definitely a great week. Looking forward to next week! I've been pretty sick these past weeks with migraines and a crazy cough that won't go away and now some sinus stuff. I'm praying i can get over it soon. It's really getting irritating! I hope you all have a wonderful week! Be safe! Enjoy that dry dry cold!! Love you!!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment