Saturday, January 14, 2012


     The only thing I can think about today is I want a disco ball. Yup. That's about it. Wouldn't that be fun to have one and dance the night away!! A disco ball........I guess that's a little silly. But dancing to your favorite song makes you feel good. So why not have one so you can have some mood lighting.........A disco ball.......


Dear Family,



HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A card will be on the way :) I love you!!!!!

Oh man that is crazy with all the wedding things going on! My brother is getting married!!!! Woo! I'm glad to hear James is doing well. That seriously made all the difference for me, choosing good friends. I'd say they were one of the biggest influences in me coming out here to serve. I don't know who i would be with out them.

Well, another great week has past! It wasn't as crazy as the week before, but it's been really good! First off, I ate 2600 calories in one sitting at McDonald's on friday. I don't recommend that....Ha ha. It gave me a McHeadache.

We were able to find 3 new people to teach and only 1 of them was from all those return appointments we got. Ha ha. Yeah, out of 18 all but 1 fell through. Friday was probably the hardest day. We had 5 appointments and none of them were home! So we went finding for most of the day and we seriously talked to like 2 people. I don't know what it was but it seemed that everyone was in a bad mood and didn't want to talk with us. It stunk. The only people we were able to teach that day was some members at our dinner appointment! Ahh it was a really rough day. We were feelin pretty down. But we kept going! The next day was pretty much the same. It was hard. Thank goodness for Sundays! It was amazing! It was so recharging! It was exactly what we both needed, and we finished the week off strong and found our last investigator for the week! We as a zone did "destroy the standard"! We all together found 24 people! And most of them were in our own district! Woo!

So Elder Riggs broke the Beavercreek Elder's toilet today. He flushed it and it went all over. It was sooooo fun cleaning it up....

Anyway..
Last week we had a phone call from a member asking us if we could come share a lesson with her husband who is a non-member the following Monday night. So of course we said we would. We were actually pretty nervous for this one because he was very anti and had some very crazy doctrinal questions(more like bible-bashing questions) for us that we really didn't know how to answer. So this time i studied every second i got to answer the questions he asked us and i felt pretty prepared for the whole lesson, but when we got there he brought out even MORE! Ha ha. He basically anti'd us and told us nothing we taught was true. I had this whole chain of scriptures and things i could have used but when i went to use them all i could hear in my mind was just "Bare your testimony." So i did. I bore my testimony and after that his daughter bore testimony to him, then his wife bore hers which was the greatest testimony i think i've ever heard, then Elder Riggs bore his incredible testimony, then both of us bore testimony again. The spirit was SO strong! After that we asked him how he felt and he said he trusts his wife and said he'd consider reading the Book of Mormon to know for himself. I know it was the spirit that prompted us to bare testimony because Heavenly Father knew it was the only thing that would help him. The spirit was the only thing that could have taught him and confirmed to him of what we bore testimony of. It was just amazing. It was one of the most powerful moments I've had on my mission so far.

This week has been going great so far, our investigators had to be pushed back another week for baptism but are all still planning on it. January 28th! We found 2 new people to teach yesterday, and hopefully tonight we can find another. Gosh, missionary work is so awesome! So many things happen and your mind is blown every day with seeing God's hand in this wonderful work! I don't think the joy felt in doing missionary work can ever be measured. There is just nothing else like it. I am just so grateful to have this opportunity to be out here. It is so great!

Well my family, i must be going. Thank you for being such great examples to me! Thank you for all the love and support you give me, I love you!! Have a great week!

-Elder Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment