Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I think I will survive............

Chet and I were driving around taking care of some errands. A song came on that reminded me of Chrys. Yes I got a little teary, but that happens. Then Chet got talking about how nice it is that we have time to ourselves lately since James likes his friends more then us. He was saying things like isn't this fun! We went to a movie together and now we are still doing things without having kids with us, doesn't it feel nice to be together. I was all teary at this point. He goes oh no, do I need to turn this song off. Thinking I really missed Chrys. I said no, I miss James.....hahahaa!!!!!


Dear Family,





Hey!!!!!! Ha ha sounds like a fun week!! One that FLEW by! Holy cow. Ha ha oh James. Skinny jeans? Okie dokie! V-necks though i have to agree with. That is so crazy he is getting so big! Ah! What the heck??

Poor Harris!!! Oh man that sounds so rough! But if it would happen to anyone, it would be him that can handle it ha ha. What a trooper! I love that kiddo. I gotta hear from them soon.

Debbie Bagley....no oils that i saw. Unless i missed it somehow ha ha but yeah i didn't see any.

Wow Megan Goodman, that's a name i haven't heard in a while ha ha. Spain! That is so cool!

I LOVED THE CARD! What a spirit lifter! Thank you!!!!!! The pictures are awesome ha ha I knew Jon couldn't resist my drums :)

You did get to talk to Collin??? Ah man i wasn't able to get a hold of him! I love that guy! You should have him stick his fist in his mouth ha ha he has a monster mouth. He is such an awesome guy though. He's going to be such a solid missionary.




OK, this past week ROCKED! We are seeing a lot miracles here! And you know why?? Because we are expecting them! We pray for it, and then work so we can have one. It's been amazing. On Friday our dinner appointment canceled on us and we had about 3 hours to fill before we were going to take dinner at the apartment. So we decided to pray and ask for a miracle. We sat for maybe 30 seconds and then felt like we should go find someone on a street we had prayed about earlier. We went, and tracted for a good 2 and a half hours. Talked to some nice people but no one that was interested. Even met a drunk French lady that we could barely understand ha ha. Then a recent convert in the ward called us and we talked for a bit and jokingly he told us that we were going to have a miracle at 7:01! So we were like, alright ha ha let's get to work! We had 13 minutes to have that miracle. 7:01 rolls around and we knocked on a house and talked with this lady named Tracy and she ASKED for a Book of Mormon and we are going back to teach her this Friday. How awesome is that?? Ha ha we prayed and had faith that it would happen. And it did! So cool. We sent in this miracle via voice mail to the Zone Leaders who forwarded it to the AP's who forwarded it to the whole mission. Ha ha we've had 2 miracle voice mails go mission wide in 3 weeks. Xeniaisthebomb!!!!!

On Saturday we got a media referral from headquarters in SLC and it was for a lady named Linda that had gone to church with a friend down in Kentucky and enjoyed it. Then that friend went on mormon.org and referred her to us. So we felt like we should go straight to her house as soon as possible but realized it was about a 30 minute drive and we had an appointment with one of our investigators, Alex, in less than an hour and wouldn't be able to make it to both. We still felt like we should go see her! But decided to go to Alex's. When we were about to leave he called and had to reschedule. So we were out the door and off to Linda Bell's! Ha ha. She has now been to church and knows it's true and we are hopefully going to put her on date for baptism this week! She says she has had all sorts of things happen to her this past year that has seemed to her like God has pushed her to us. She is an awesome lady.

I taught a college class!! Ha ha! SO cool! It was at Synclair, ranked i think he said #10 in the best community colleges in the U.S.. It was huge! And it was my first time in downtown Dayton. Mr. Moermon was awesome. He actually is an alumni to Harvard and said that he wants to write a letter of recommendation for us to go there :) he also talked me into going there for religion classes. Yep. I'm going to Harvard ha ha. It was so cool though teaching and baring testimony to about 30 people. We were able to show a couple videos off of mormon.org which went really well. Have you guys been on there? It's awesome! The newest video is of Brandon Flowers, the lead singer of The Killers!! Woo! Yep. He's a member! Anyway, the teacher invited us back to teach again for his winter class. I guess that means we did a good job! Either way it was fun!

GO SEE 17 MIRACLES! It is so good! We had a recent convert come to a member's house and we watched it with them. It's about all the miracles that happened to the pioneers when coming to Utah. Amazing.

Well, i best be off. But i am so looking forward to this week. It is going to ROCK! This area is exploding with missionary work! We have like 10 member referrals we have to visit this week ha ha. What a wonderful thing to be doing right now. I love being a missionary. I've never been happier. I wouldn't rather be doing anything else. I know this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I know he lives and loves every one of us. I love him. I love the Book of Mormon. What a powerful tool in our conversion! What a powerful tool in life! I am grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and the unending blessings it provides. I am grateful for a living prophet! I am grateful for eternal families. I am grateful for the examples you all are to me! Thank you for all the love and support you give me! I love you all! Have a great week!


-Elder Robinson

P.S. Can you believe it's halloween time already?? Whaaaaat??

No comments:

Post a Comment